"Completing the Book"?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
firlandsfarm

In the User Guide it states "When using the dutching or bookmaking features of Bet Angel, you are trying to realise a profit by taking advantage of a book over-round or under-round in your favour - you are not realising a profit by closing a trade or greening up. Using (Greening] to exit a bookmaking or dutching session is inefficient and can be dangerous if you have repeatedly used the bookmaking feature in one market." And in the Settings dialogue box it states "… it is often more efficient to complete the book rather than close the positions via the one-click green up routine".

I can understand that but is there a fast/easy way to "Complete the Book" in a fast moving market?
Jukebox

Yes - if you are left with an unmatched bet(s) - click on the '+' of the unmatched lay bet to raise the odds to the level required to get matched when bookmaking or the '-' to lower the odds on the unmatched back bet when dutching.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 am
Yes - if you are left with an unmatched bet(s) - click on the '+' of the unmatched lay bet to raise the odds to the level required to get matched when bookmaking or the '-' to lower the odds on the unmatched back bet when dutching.
Or maybe reverse greening?
firlandsfarm

Jukebox wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 am
Thanks Jukebox, I realise that but I was thinking faster/easier than that … that to me is a slow way by matching up the unmatched bets and then have to Green all the matched bets in what is now an unbalanced Dutching set of bets. I may be getting this wrong but I read Completing the Book means taking a position on every runner. Also when wanting to spread the return across all runners unmatched bets become irrelevant. The calculation is based on what's matched and what are the current prices available.

May I just confirm I am asking this within the context of the User Guide saying don't use Green Up, Complete the Book instead. That's why I am asking what is meant/entailed in Completing the Book? I'm seeing it as rearranging existing matched bets by placing new bets as adjustments on those runners with a matched bet and opening new bets on runners without matched bets. I was wondering if there is a Servant that will do it on command?
Anbell wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:26 am
Never come across that term before Anbell, what does it mean?
Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:17 am
Anbell wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:26 am
Never come across that term before Anbell, what does it mean?
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rev ... ening.html

Its not exactly what you want, but approximates it.
gazuty

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 am
I can understand that but is there a fast/easy way to "Complete the Book" in a fast moving market?
Depending on how fast you could jump to the manual screen and endeavour to manual adjust each runner. If you have dutched or endeavoured to make a book and not back or layed it all, then there is no "green button". You could use that button if you wanted, but its a real buggers muddle and generally you are best off going to the manual screen and doing it yourself. So leave enough time to do that before event start - it is not to be recommended with 30 seconds before the off.

Or if you are involved in many, many markets you can just let it ride (ie do nothing, knowing that in the long run if you have an edge you'll be in front.
firlandsfarm

gazuty wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 am
Depending on how fast you could jump to the manual screen and endeavour to manual adjust each runner. If you have dutched or endeavoured to make a book and not back or layed it all, then there is no "green button". You could use that button if you wanted, but its a real buggers muddle and generally you are best off going to the manual screen and doing it yourself. So leave enough time to do that before event start - it is not to be recommended with 30 seconds before the off.

Or if you are involved in many, many markets you can just let it ride (ie do nothing, knowing that in the long run if you have an edge you'll be in front.
Yeah you've got that right Gazuty, they are the very reasons why I was asking if there is a quick(er) way of doing it! I don't see manual completing the book as a practical answer … by the time you have done the cals the numbers will have changed. Maybe some formulae could be put into Excel. I was just asking wondering if I was missing something. Thanks for your confirmation. :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”