I think I am getting a bit better? or is is just luck?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
millsmum

So I rethought my tactics and started again.
I am now trying to make a positive to each race. I am still using £2 bets and putting orders in and closing quickly, so I think that's scalping.
today I have made
+20p
-28p
+21p
-23p
-65p
+9p
+7p
+33p
-1.28 whoops
-1p
+33p
+9p
a loss of £1.13 overall which I think is ok? I know its not a positive result but I am watching the graphs and being a bit more selective on which market. The £1.28 loss was a maiden race and it was just bonkers and I didn't realise that it would make such a difference, but never again. only handicap races from now in

Just wanted to share. my family think I am bonkers watching the screen with flashing clicks and little graphs, but its so hard to leave it alone. I think last race. ok just one more, ok last one!! so many times. It just goes so fast.
jamesg46

millsmum wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm
So I rethought my tactics and started again.
I am now trying to make a positive to each race. I am still using £2 bets and putting orders in and closing quickly, so I think that's scalping.
today I have made
+20p
-28p
+21p
-23p
-65p
+9p
+7p
+33p
-1.28 whoops
-1p
+33p
+9p
a loss of £1.13 overall which I think is ok? I know its not a positive result but I am watching the graphs and being a bit more selective on which market. The £1.28 loss was a maiden race and it was just bonkers and I didn't realise that it would make such a difference, but never again. only handicap races from now in

Just wanted to share. my family think I am bonkers watching the screen with flashing clicks and little graphs, but its so hard to leave it alone. I think last race. ok just one more, ok last one!! so many times. It just goes so fast.
Sounds like you have the bug. When they call you bonkers, reply with "not yet but I soon will be." That said, welcome to a paradoxical universe.

You're spot on with noticing that Mdns, Nvc, Beg races can be wild but there is times I will scalp them, especially if there is a very short priced fav, i tend to enjoy splitting my stake up and shoving orders above the ltp (but thats not advice)

Anyway, keep the whoops moments to a min, it'll make life much easier... honestly!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”