Shortlist of 3 horses: I only want to back the biggest priced one

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
kniytd

I have a shortlist of 3 horses to potentially back however I only want to back the one that goes off at the biggest BSP (or near enough to BSP, perhaps 10 seconds before official race start time). Is it possible to automate this process using Guardian?

Thanks.
firlandsfarm

It's easy if you attach the Excel workbook to Guardian using Excel's RANK() function. If staying within Guardian I guess you can assign SV's of A, B and C to the three runners to ID them and SV's of their prices (PriceA, PriceB and PriceC) to the selections. Then compare Price-A with Price-B and setting another SV (Higher) to A or B then further compare the higher of those two to PriceC and (re)setting the Higher to whichever is the higher of those two. So for example …

Set ID SV's: Runner1 = A, Runner2 = B, Runner3 = C
Set Price SV's: PriceA = 3.15, PriceB = 5.15, PriceC = 5.75
Compare PriceA with PriceB: Set SV Higher = B
Compare PriceB with PriceC: Set SV Higher = C
Place bet: Runner1 = Higher, Runner2 = Higher, Runner3 = Higher

I wouldn't profess to being a good rules setter so maybe there is a more efficient way of doing it. If you go above 3 the number of comparisons increases exponentially. especially if you want say the top X from the selections. In the past I have supported the need for a means to rank SV's in Guardian that would make such a task much easier, let's hope it gets more support and eventually get on the list of enhancements.
kniytd

Thanks for your reply, will try what you suggest. SV is 'Stored Values', right?

Cheers
firlandsfarm

kniytd wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:05 am
Thanks for your reply, will try what you suggest. SV is 'Stored Values', right?

Cheers
Yep … good luck

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”