soccer automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goldfinch77

Hi Guys.

I am brand new to Bet Angel, have been soccer trading for a couple of years.

This sounds such a silly question. I have downloaded a baf from the forum (LTD 0-0 at HT) when its inplay on gaurdian how can I see the current score line of of the matches that are running ?

Goldfinch
Dallas

There isn't a live scorefeed via the Betfair API but there are ways of deriving it in most matches using odds movements, obvioustly this is not 100% accurate all the time but an example of how to set this up and display them on your one-click screen and watchlist screens is shown here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17370
goldfinch77

EEK, this is my first day at school here.

I will have to look at this in some depth later.

I have 1 more question ( for today)

when setting the end time of a soccer match, ie open a back bet and just let it play out, do we set 1:30:00 ( 90 mins) or 1:45:00 which would include HT or is the a default setting for end of game.

Thank you

Goldfinch
Dallas

goldfinch77 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:15 pm
EEK, this is my first day at school here.

I will have to look at this in some depth later.

I have 1 more question ( for today)

when setting the end time of a soccer match, ie open a back bet and just let it play out, do we set 1:30:00 ( 90 mins) or 1:45:00 which would include HT or is the a default setting for end of game.

Thank you

Goldfinch
First the market must be in Guardian before the match has kicked off otherwise it won't show the correct in-play time.

The in-play timer starts as soon as Betfair turn the market in-play and it doesn't stop for anything.
So if you wanted to trigger a bet after 75 mins of match play you'd need to account for 15mins break and about 2mins added time at the end of the first half (also another few mins for water breaks at the moment).
So you'd set the rule for something like 01:35:00 after going in-play
LeeCaL

goldfinch77 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:42 pm
Hi Guys.

I am brand new to Bet Angel, have been soccer trading for a couple of years.

This sounds such a silly question. I have downloaded a baf from the forum (LTD 0-0 at HT) when its inplay on gaurdian how can I see the current score line of of the matches that are running ?

Goldfinch
Take a look at this bot I created which will identify the correct score at HT and display it in the watchlist.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=21353

If all you want to do is LTD if the score at HT is 0-0 then i'd recommend using stored signals to test that the O0.5 market is still in play. If there has been a goal scored then this market will suspend and will be unable to send out a signal. No signal = No LTD.

You could also use the CS market to check to see if 0-0 has a back & lay price available which again would indicate it's still currently 0-0.

Alternatively you could use the CS Scanner bot by following the instructions in the YT video.

Hope this helps,
Lee
goldfinch77

Lee, thank you for that.

I looked at the horses today, simple bat at certain price and let it run out.

i added in the rules, to export a P&L report, however when I looked at it I could not detirmine whether the horse had won or lost, is there anything I need to do that I missed ?

I have added some races from today, the one I highlighted I know lost as I watched it.

Any advice would be gratefull

Goldfinch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”