Am I A Nooob Or Is It Soon To Be 2021

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Tuco

patrikerl wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:20 pm
I think that, after seeing the comments, it is children and youth responding. So I ignore.

I am offended but that you probably won`t understand in this kindergarden forum.
I also thought I gave you some good advice:
Tuco wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:49 am
...forgive me for saying so Patrik, but I think it might be best if you stay in practice mode until BA v25.1 is released.
Kai

Patrik, I don't think you understand how complex the initial learning curve actually is when it comes to trading in general and the software involved.

The content that you see on Youtube and at the academy etc has already been heavily watered down, to the point where if it gets watered down even more and oversimplified it will actually be disingenuous and misleading (and practically a scam). Trading is already by default misleading to every newcomer in many ways so not much anyone can do about that but accept it as part of the industry.

No need to get insulted by random remarks either, a lot of it was lost in translation but you can call it British humor if you want :) Trading can be so boring at times that traders welcome any chance to troll around a bit, even though it may look immature from the outside, so having thick skin in general is a good trait to have ;)
Tuco

...very nicely put Kai
Kai

patrikerl wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:20 pm
Again, I was trying to say that I think Peter, regarding Betangel, has done a fantastic job. But there can be more to it for new potentinal customers and "noobs" like me. Also, in private, I help companies get that edge to take the next step. That is what I get paid for.But, yeah, in my language and not English.
I'm sure it's not the first time they've heard such feedback from their customers, especially fresh ones.

I do hear what you're saying and I think it's the classic functionality vs usability question, but it's probably fair to say that if us traders had to choose between functionality and usability it would be a very easy choice to make. After all, Bet Angel was created by traders for traders, and we can't speak on behalf of the owner but he appears to be a trader first and foremost.

There is nothing user-friendly about trading at all, it's actually the ultimate counter-intuitive profession by default, so it would make zero sense to create trading software that was extremely user-friendly and intuitive to use for every newbie fresh off the boat. If someone were to sell subscriptions for such a product, they would most likely be selling a lie.

But make no mistake, the software may look a bit archaic to you if you're used to whatever usability standards you have on your day job, but it's an extremely powerful piece of software that can replace your day job tenfold if you learn how to use it well.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:48 pm
Trading is already by default misleading
The problem is the apparent simplicity but it's actually underpinned by hard earned subjectivity.

It's a bit like those Learn to Draw YouTube vids, the guy waves a pencil around and you think that doesn't seem too hard, so you have a go and it looks like the work of a 4 year old. Same pencil, same paper, similar movements, totally different result. Ditto any 'Learn to' video actually, anyone who's mastered a skill makes it look easy because to them it is.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:07 pm
Kai wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:48 pm
Trading is already by default misleading
The problem is the apparent simplicity but it's actually underpinned by hard earned subjectivity.
One could almost say that trading is simple at the very start, and at the very end, while anything in between will be as complex as you make it out to be :mrgreen:
Euler

Trading is simple, but not easy.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”