Bet Angel use

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
cyclops1000

Just curious
How do people decide how much they are going to use Bet Angel / Betfair on a given day ?
As I see it the following possibilities are applicable
Set a target
Look at markets in your chosen field - such as there are 20 races / matches on that day so they all get looked at
A set length of time
A mix of some or all of the above

Of course if it's not working out and the majority of your choices aren't working out then you may choose to call it a day

I'm not advocating one over the other but as stated at the beginning I'm just curious
ShaunWhite

cyclops1000 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:55 am
Just curious
How do people decide how much they are going to use Bet Angel / Betfair on a given day ?
The same way a carpenter decides how much they're going to use a hammer. Till you've made enough, or had enough.

I'm not being flippant but this job is no different to any other self-employment, you wake up and depending what you need or what you feel like doing, you might choose to do nothing or you might do 12 hrs. My personal favourite is nothing.
tiberigc

sorry to hijack this thread but didnt wanna open a new one (to save some bits of space :mrgreen: )
I see betfair allows you to place exchange trades only on a price range of 2-3 like say : 2.2 lay 2.3 lay 2.4 back 25 back
Does this mean that everyone else that is placing amounts of money 4+ ticks below or above in the ladder, is using BA or similar piece of software?
Derek27

I strictly limit myself to 24 hours in a day. :D
Derek27

tiberigc wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:20 pm
sorry to hijack this thread but didnt wanna open a new one (to save some bits of space :mrgreen: )
I see betfair allows you to place exchange trades only on a price range of 2-3 like say : 2.2 lay 2.3 lay 2.4 back 25 back
Does this mean that everyone else that is placing amounts of money 4+ ticks below or above in the ladder, is using BA or similar piece of software?
All trading software conforms to the same price increments as Betfair. That's 0.01 increments below 2, 0.02 increments up to 3, 0.05 up to 4, etc.
ShaunWhite

tiberigc wrote:
You can place them anywhere you want with the Betfair site, because you can edit the price before you confirm your bet.

But like Derek said everyone sees the same price increments no matter what you're using it's 2.1, 2.12, 2.14 etc
tiberigc

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 pm
tiberigc wrote:
You can place them anywhere you want with the Betfair site, because you can edit the price before you confirm your bet.
yeah this is the bit i was asking about, i figured it out after reading Dereks reply, wanting to take a screenshot of the betslip and realizing i could edit the amount :lol:
Derek27

tiberigc wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:39 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 pm
tiberigc wrote:
yeah this is the bit i was asking about, i figured it out after reading Dereks reply, wanting to take a screenshot of the betslip and realizing i could edit the amount :lol:
The clue's in the scroll buttons. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm
I strictly limit myself to 24 hours in a day. :D
:lol:
Except when the clocks go back and you get to squeeze in some overtime.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”