Fill or Kill a lay bet in-running

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:30 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:52 am
Two years in and I still need to ask an occasional question in here :lol:

I want to place a lay bet in-running that is either taken instantly (by what is already in the market) or is cancelled immediately.

I tick the "place fill or kill bets" box and apply 0.1s delay. This seems to work perfectly when in practise mode but as soon as I switch to real mode I am finding when I execute the same rule if the lay bets are not taken then they stay up as unmatched marked as "pending fill or kill" in the unmatched bets window.

Why is this happening please and how can I fix?
The kill time starts from the moment the bet is matched, but the recommended minimum for a fill/kill time is 0.5 secs, that allows enough time for any latency and delays getting the information required.

If you are submitting multiple orders at the same time will fill/kill you can run into problems due to the way Betfair queue and process fill/kill orders.
Your location will dictate how many fill/kill orders you can place at the same time before some begin experiencing delays as Betfair queue them up
Thanks Dallas. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”