Automation Help

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
berniebet

Hi
Long time Bet Angel user, but new to automation. I'm trying to develope a Back and lay scalp in automation, it works okay if applied to the correct markets and selections. I've got it firing fill or Kill bets from 5 mins out until 30 secs before event start time. I've got 3 problems, I can't get the green up to work, I've got it set at 15 sec out to event start. Also is it possible to green up inside the 5 min period should a target profit is reached? One other simple question, I can't get the whole process to start without clicking on the market in guardian? I'm sure these are daft questions, but not able to trade manually at the moment due to illness. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Jukebox

berniebet wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 pm
I can't get the whole process to start without clicking on the market in guardian?
When making the transition from manual trading it can be easy to overlook the importance of your Guardian settings for Automation.
On the 'Advanced Settings' tab of Guardian have look at Restrict Refresh and the From and To settings. Be sure to allow Guardian sufficient time before and after the start time for your automation to do its work. If you don't do this the automation can't work unless you happen to have the market open.
Dallas

1, Whats stopping your green up rule triggering 15 secs out? I assume you have some conditions on it?
Or what are the times its armed till?

2, See these posts
Green up at a Target Profit
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

You'll also need to stop your main rule triggering once thats reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656

3, Make sure you have the markets in Guardian being refreshed fast enough, the following explains in further detail how this works
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
berniebet

Thank you so much I'll go through these and come back, if you dont' mind, with any other queries.
My Green all Selections rule is 10 sec before event to 0 sec before event start
berniebet

Hi Dallas
Just got back to this, its driving me mad and I;m sure its so simple, I'm using a simple back and lay scalp
Automation on selected markets and selections, however I cannot get this target profit rule to trigger, I am applying to both Back and lay parts of the automation?
Dallas

berniebet wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 pm
Hi Dallas
Just got back to this, its driving me mad and I;m sure its so simple, I'm using a simple back and lay scalp
Automation on selected markets and selections, however I cannot get this target profit rule to trigger, I am applying to both Back and lay parts of the automation?
I assume you mean can't get the rules to stop triggering when a target profit is reached?

If you post up a screenshot of the condition on each rule it should be easy to spot why its not stopping it
berniebet

Hi Dallas

No its not that I can't get the rules to stop, its the reverse, I can't get the rules to trigger with the P/L conditions in. As I say this is a simple scalping Bot available I'm sure on the shared files, which I'm trying to use on selected markets decided upon on the morning of racing. Below I've shared the file and would be grateful if you could add the required conditions for it to work.
I am unable to trade manually at the moment because of surgery, and the trader in me wants some daily excitement.!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

berniebet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 pm
Hi Dallas

No its not that I can't get the rules to stop, its the reverse, I can't get the rules to trigger with the P/L conditions in. As I say this is a simple scalping Bot available I'm sure on the shared files, which I'm trying to use on selected markets decided upon on the morning of racing. Below I've shared the file and would be grateful if you could add the required conditions for it to work.
I am unable to trade manually at the moment because of surgery, and the trader in me wants some daily excitement.!
Its because the two P/L conditions on are checking for the profit to be
Greater than £7.50
and
Less than -£3.75

at the same time before it can trigger - which can never happen

If you want it to trigger while within these ranges you need to reverse them so its
Less than £7.50
and
Greater than -£3.75
berniebet

Hi Dallas

Yep I've tried that, and I know it wll fire bets in, but it still won't green
or red up at target profit or loss??
Dallas

berniebet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi Dallas

Yep I've tried that, and I know it wll fire bets in, but it still won't green
or red up at target profit or loss??
You need to add your target profit/loss as conditions to your green up rules (which you'll need two of)

As detailed in the first link I posted above

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”