Historic List Capture

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
murdok

I made a capture of the historic list and the layout of the csv file looks like this

but I wanted the final capture of the historical list to have only 6 lines, , I want the layout as this image will be possible?

I hope you understand me :lol:
jimibt

murdok wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:41 pm
I made a capture of the historic list and the layout of the csv file looks like this

but I wanted the final capture of the historical list to have only 6 lines, , I want the layout as this image will be possible?

I hope you understand me :lol:
i had the same dilemma and ended up coding the required result as a secondary action at the end of the day against all files. unfortunately, this solution was pretty *bespoke* for what I required (and is in .Net), so isn't something that I can easily copy/paste.

the long and the short -you'll need to create a little routine that uses the *Count of name value pairs* number to split your data into the required format and then stitch the values together on a single line per runner/timeband.
murdok

jimibt wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:07 am

i had the same dilemma and ended up coding the required result as a secondary action at the end of the day against all files. unfortunately, this solution was pretty *bespoke* for what I required (and is in .Net), so isn't something that I can easily copy/paste.

the long and the short -you'll need to create a little routine that uses the *Count of name value pairs* number to split your data into the required format and then stitch the values together on a single line per runner/timeband.

thanks for the help i will take a look at what you are suggesting but it seems to me that maybe it is too advanced for me
murdok

I found something that can help but to work it will have to have a standard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irEOamEoJ9A
spreadbetting

Doesn't excel have a remove duplicates option, can't you simply sort by date and remove all duplicates except the oldest record? Or am I missing something.
Dallas

I have a similar problem with the way some data I collect arrives

Have you tried the following
Press 'F5'
>Special
>Blanks

It should then 'grey out' all the cell which are blank

Next on the 'Home' tab click
>Delete
>Delete Rows

If that works just record the process as a macro.
murdok

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:48 pm
Doesn't excel have a remove duplicates option, can't you simply sort by date and remove all duplicates except the oldest record? Or am I missing something.

I tried and it didn't work
Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:02 pm
I have a similar problem with the way some data I collect arrives

Have you tried the following
Press 'F5'
>Special
>Blanks

It should then 'grey out' all the cell which are blank

Next on the 'Home' tab click
>Delete
>Delete Rows

If that works just record the process as a macro.
I tried it too and it didn't work :D

it seems to me that I discovered a simple way to do what I want

the date I want to keep are the last 6 rows,so I went to the last column 14 and I deselected the empty rows and voilá

I have to check with more than one csv file to see if it works

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”