Adv.Charting: getting all horses on chart using History List

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Anbell

I'm new to advanced charting...

I have a History List with a value for every runner (let's call it P&L)

Is there a way to create a single chart that has the P&L for every runner?

(Bonus Q: is there a way to get it to stop updating 15 secs after the race goes in play?)

Thanks
Dallas

Yes history lists can be plotted onto advanced charts, I'd have to double check the chart types to see if the data series available would display a P/L in a readable/useable format, I suspect the 'Volume data series should'

Stopping it in-play after a period of time isn't a problem you'd just build that into a condition in the rules file.

I'll take a look between tennis matches today, and get one knocked up for the shared charts area if it displays ok

Also just to clarify are you looking at the current P/L of that selection (figure displayed at the top of each ladder)?
Or the trade profit P/L (figure you can green up for at the current price)?
Anbell

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:14 am
Yes history lists can be plotted onto advanced charts, I'd have to double check the chart types to see if the data series available would display a P/L in a readable/useable format, I suspect the 'Volume data series should'

Stopping it in-play after a period of time isn't a problem you'd just build that into a condition in the rules file.

I'll take a look between tennis matches today, and get one knocked up for the shared charts area if it displays ok

Also just to clarify are you looking at the current P/L of that selection (figure displayed at the top of each ladder)?
Thanks so much Dallas.

I was actually just using the P&L as an example. I've got my own secret-sauce recipe in the history list, and I currently have it displayed in a column on the screen, but would like to see it on a graph (with all the runners in one screen)

Thanks again
Anbell

Dallas wrote:

Pinging Dallas on the off chance that he can solve this
Dallas

Anbell wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:44 am
Dallas wrote:

Yes, I did have a play with this and as expected the P/L does display on the Volume data chart series ok, this goes for the current P/L and Current Trade Profit.

One thing I did just notice now from your earlier message is you were after getting all selections on the 'same' chart. This part won't actually work but if having all runners on there own charts I can upload the files I created and you can take it from there?
Anbell

Dallas wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:19 pm
Anbell wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Yes, I did have a play with this and as expected the P/L does display on the Volume data chart series ok, this goes for the current P/L and Current Trade Profit.

One thing I did just notice now from your earlier message is you were after getting all selections on the 'same' chart. This part won't actually work but if having all runners on there own charts I can upload the files I created and you can take it from there?
Thanks Dallas. It'd be great if you could post those so that I could take a look.

I might go back to excel to try to get every selection on one chart as well.
Dallas

Anbell wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:37 am
Dallas wrote:
Anbell wrote:

Thanks Dallas. It'd be great if you could post those so that I could take a look.

Sure here you go
HL Greening Data.baf
Profit & Loss Chart.bcs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

You can get all the runners on to one chart,The set up should look like this >
chart set up.PNG
You don’t need to multiple by 10 ,that’s just to make it pop on the charts a bit more.

I have a couple of template charts im going to upload over the weekend. One has close trade with greening for top 9 runners on one chart.
The other has 0.5 to 4,5 unders prices for an event on one chart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:55 pm
Anbell wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:37 am
Dallas wrote:

Sure here you go

HL Greening Data.baf

Profit & Loss Chart.bcs
Lovely. TYVM.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”