Problems with Actual SP

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ScouseBeard

Hi all,

I am using an in-play horse racing automation that uses the rule 'Actual SP is greater than 75', and triggers lay bets after 5 seconds of going in-play.

I have been testing the automation in practice mode for a few weeks with no problems, so I have run it live for the past few days.

Yesterday I had 2 losses, and when I checked the Betfair racing results at the end of the day, I found the 2 losses were a 66/1 and 50/1.

These horses should not have been picked if the Actual SP was set to over 75. I also noticed that there was a second 66/1 winner yesterday that my automation never picked, leaving me confused over the usage of the Actual SP rule.

How is the Actual SP decided, and when? Is it completely accurate? Is 5 seconds in-play too early to determine the Actual SP? Is there any other rules I can add to make the Actual SP more accurate to the price that is displayed in the post race results?

Cheers for any help.
TraderFred

Are you confusing betfair SP with the industry SP ?

I notice there were industry SP winners at 66/1 and 50/1 yesterday, if it was them , the betfair SP would have likely been above 75 on both of those.
Jukebox

I've always found the Actual SP feature to be reliable
ScouseBeard

Maybe I am confusing Industry SP with Actual SP, but I am trying to set up the automation for Industry SP because that's what I record daily results off.

Is there any way to determine Industry SP in-play? Or a results page, that shows what the Actual BSP was for the race winners?
Dallas

ScouseBeard wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 pm
Maybe I am confusing Industry SP with Actual SP, but I am trying to set up the automation for Industry SP because that's what I record daily results off.

Is there any way to determine Industry SP in-play? Or a results page, that shows what the Actual BSP was for the race winners?
You can see the BSP and ISP on the Timeform website (if you register)
https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing

But you can't use the ISP with the Betfair exchange, that comes from the on-course betting activity and has nothing to do with the Betfair exchange

Betfair derives its own SP known as BSP, this is made up from the backers and layers on the exchange that have placed bets and asked for them to be taken as SP.
Belfair then reconciles this at a fair middle price that suits both sides, this means the BSP is nearly always bigger than the ISP, and the gap between a runners ISP and BSP only grows as you get higher up the prices

The only way to place bets at the ISP is to use excel and connect a worksheet to Bet Angel, you could then import the ISP from a racing site then trigger your bets at those odds in-play, this means they won't be in the market till at least 2 seconds after going in-play so if an outsider has had a poor start there odds will likely of started drifting as soon as they were off and will be much higher by the time your bets are placed so won't be matched everytime.
Anbell

ScouseBeard wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 pm
Or a results page, that shows what the Actual BSP was for the race winners?
You can get that here
https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/horse-ra ... lts-today/
for AUS races.

I presume there's something similar for uk

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”