Help Please. Can I do this ?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
macbet333

Hi,

I know Bet Angel has some integration with excel. This is a real beginner question. I know bet angel does automatic betting however it is a steep learning curve I am short on time.

Is it possible to set up my google sheets to make bets automatically ? will bet angel help ?
I am not into matched betting or arbing. I make good money straight betting and getting accounts closed as result so need to use the exchange.
i simply want to put entries into google sheets and get bets made directly from there from a betting model while offline.

In brief can i have it where an entry in a google sheets is made in cells
football \ english premier leauge \ liverpool \ ov2.5
and get a bet placed in the exchange ..... by way of bet angel or by getting a script written to work with api google sheets direct to exchange.

Sorry for the stupidity in my question I am new to an area I know nothing about
A. programming / api's
B. bet angel
C. betting on exchange

I am willing to pay a developer or whoever to help me set up this

Thanks
macbet333

I may have just asked a group of lumberjacks do chainsaws cut down trees
Apologies for my ignorance

:)
Diacritical Quark

macbet333 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Macbet and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't help with regards to your question as I don't use excel with BA. I'm fairly sure from what I've seen that what you want to do is entirely possible with BA.

What I would say is that it sounds as though what you want to do is actually fairly easy for BA to handle without the need for excel. There's some pretty decent bots in the shared file section for football ready to go, things like O_U2.5 markets that just need a little tweak here and there.

I'm sure someone will be along later though that can specifically help you with your excel question, you have to remember the vast majority of the regular posters are deep in the horse racing markets right now and with no football on you're missing a huge chunk of people that know about these things :D
macbet333

Diacritical Quark wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:53 pm
macbet333 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Macbet and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't help with regards to your question as I don't use excel with BA. I'm fairly sure from what I've seen that what you want to do is entirely possible with BA.

What I would say is that it sounds as though what you want to do is actually fairly easy for BA to handle without the need for excel. There's some pretty decent bots in the shared file section for football ready to go, things like O_U2.5 markets that just need a little tweak here and there.

I'm sure someone will be along later though that can specifically help you with your excel question, you have to remember the vast majority of the regular posters are deep in the horse racing markets right now and with no football on you're missing a huge chunk of people that know about these things :D
Thank you for the great answer. Maybe BA is the right place.

The starting point for the bets needs to be excel/google sheets as there will be a third party programme feeding bets into the spreadsheet.
I do know obviously that bets can be automated in BA itself. Hopefully someone can answer more on this. However picking up BA seems worth it from your response.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”