Not quite a Newbie

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Jamiroquai79

Hello everyone.

I'm back to give this another go after 2-3 failed attempts. Is it common to take while to "get" trading amd be successful?
rik

for sure you dont have to be a genius, if your determined and some talent will have a good chance of becoming profitable, there are much more people grinding away than big winners so depends what your definition of successful is
Kai

Jamiroquai79 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:11 pm
I'm back to give this another go after 2-3 failed attempts. Is it common to take while to "get" trading and be successful?
Yeah, only a smaller % of people is expected to make it eventually, while the rest are expected to lose unfortunately.
youngadam

I've been meaning to write a 'Hello I'm not quite a newbie' thread for a while...

Not my third attempt but probably dabbling away and not giving it enough of my time - covid this year hasnt helped. I also live in France so paying for a VPS for a year now and having major discipline issues with going inplay. Extremely psychologically demanding personally...

Come from match betting background which i dont think helps as i have had a tendency to think money came easily...

I am pre-race trading but obviously 'love' a bit of inplay. Cant take a £0.70 loss so decide to take a £10 loss instead. Recently i have the losses down to under £30 - so im quite pleased.... Read alot and write an abundance of notes - take a small loss, take a small loss, dont go inplay, dont go inplay etc etc... why is the brain so mental??

Anyway. I will write that thread. I know my problems and think i am beginning to address them but gees its tough. I have read the forum for a few years now and you see 'newbies' come and go in a very short amount of time. Not for the faint hearted. I admire you guys on here.

I have a very understanding partner. Which helps. (smiley face).
As of 3 days (!?) i am logging all traded races on spreadsheet... obviously not done before
On to do list....
Not to go inplay.
Record trades.
Not click like a dick after a loss.
Take the small loss.

Onwards.
dt888

Why not set an automation rule to green up 10 seconds before the off time. This could help to break the habit of going in play
Anbell

Yes - of course it takes a while!

If not, then everyone would have quit their job years ago and they would just be hanging out at home making a fortune. And all of the professionals on here would just be leaving $100 bills on the pavement every race for newbies to pick up.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”