BSP is efficient. Is BSP really calcalated solely based on Wisdom of the Crowd?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
rik

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:23 pm
A simple solution would be to put the race in-play as the last horse goes into the stalls. It's not really necessary to suspend bang on time.
what if there are issues with the start, have to suspend again, will mess up some automations badly
uk racing very rarely is suspended late enough for people to take much of an advantage, some other countries like south africa, america are a lot later and maybe not such priority as turnover much less
australian racing used to be a big problem until august but they improved their feed a lot
Atho55

This is from a race last night. Pic 1 is the actual race off time with both the BA timer and my PC time visible. They are about 3/30ths of a second out of sync.

Picture 2 is a snapshot taken of the first frame that BSP is available with the market still suspended but the clocks have moved on a few seconds.

There does appear to be monetary changes between Pic 1 and Pic 2.

So is this BF actually knowing the exact start time and using those few seconds to reconcile SP or others taking advantage of that window and placing money in the market?

Race Off Time.jpg
BSP declared.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rik

did you have bets in the market yourself that were cancelled or matched at SP at the start of the race?
For me the suspension is longer the more bets i have in the market that have to be cancelled or matched at the start of the race
Atho55

No bets in the market. Was curious when Euler responded by saying money entered the market between Actual Off and BSP being declared. He is correct at least in this instance. If the gap is circa 3s then BF reconciling all the SP bets to declare SP in that window seems reasonable. 3s is also long enough for someone to decide NOT to put the market IP for whatever reason. I don`t think you can assume that every instance is the IP controller not doing his job.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”