US Markets Suspended at every meeting

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Joe19563

:twisted: Being a Newbie i thought i would try trading on the US horse racing markets tonight as they move much slower, and, it gives me more time to see what is going on, but every market never seems to go in play,they all seem to get suspended, and god help you if you are just about to get your lay bet matched when this happens, for you are left with the value of your unmatched lay trade being wiped out of your bank, i traded about 6 - 7 markets and greened them all, only to lose everything and more on my last market, all because of the markets being suspended instead of going into play. Will never again go into these markets, Newbies Beware.......

Joe :evil:
Mike_IG

Hi,

You need to check the rules in the markets you intend to trade on mate, if you checked the rules on the US markets you would of seen this

"This market will be CLOSED at the off with unmatched bets cancelled once the Betfair SP reconciliation process has been completed (if applicable)."

IMO you at least need pics to trade the US markets, they often seem to go off when they fancy it and not the actual times they are down for (or at least this was the case when I used to trade them)

Regards
Alpha322

Joe19563 wrote::twisted: Being a Newbie i thought i would try trading on the US horse racing markets tonight as they move much slower, and, it gives me more time to see what is going on, but every market never seems to go in play,they all seem to get suspended, and god help you if you are just about to get your lay bet matched when this happens, for you are left with the value of your unmatched lay trade being wiped out of your bank, i traded about 6 - 7 markets and greened them all, only to lose everything and more on my last market, all because of the markets being suspended instead of going into play. Will never again go into these markets, Newbies Beware.......

Joe :evil:
Do you not heed Peters warning re the seconds you have to get out Win or Lose. Also the take SP doesnt function in those markets. I only play small stakes on them safest way
Joe19563

Thank you for your help, but one of the points i was making was that after having traded in 6 - 7 markets, not one of these markets actualy went into play, they were all suspended without ever going into play, all the markets got cleared upon suspension, why do they have all these markets if they never get round to running, must be even more frustating for anyone who actualy attends these meetings, as i am a newbie, all i was trying to do was to learn how to trade in the right direction without the speed of movements in our own markets, but leason learned, will stay on our markets and try to speed up my trading without bursting my bank.
Thanks again
Joe
:?
deanodean1984

Hi, when trading the US races pull up BF video in another window and keep an eye on the MTP (minutes to post). I got caught like you but once i started watching this i very rarely get caught. Remember there is a delay, i stop trading before the horses start to get loaded and as i say i dont get caught any more. Another site for US racing vids for free is betamerica.com. Hope this helps.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”