Idiot Question

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
alanbaxter

Sorry to ask this but! I have been exploring BA using minimum stakes and the one click screen. Things going ok so far but I have come unstuck on occassion when the odds move against me with a sharp rise or fall and loose all the small gains I have made. I understand that I have to "Trade Out" or "Scratch" or "Cut out" but no where can I find what these terms actually mean. How do I "Trade Out" of a situation that has been going my way and then the odds drift or come in leaving me with an unmatched position? As I said, sorry to ask
kinglouie

Alan

The easiest way to trade out if your not happy with how things are going is to look to the first column on the left of the prices in the one click screen.

This is the TRADE PROFIT column.

You will notice that a figure will appear in there that is either red or green and will indicate your current position (Either a profit for Green or a loss for Red) and on clicking that figure you will exit the market almost instantly for that profit or loss.

Once your position is established in either RED (Loss) or GREEN (Profit) you can choose to do a number of things dependant on if it is a LAY bet or WIN bet that has been matched.

If it is a win bet for example and you are showing a £20 TRADE PROFIT you could choose to tick the GREEN checkbox above the TRADE PROFIT column, this will reduce your profit and spread it across the field gauranteeing you a smaller profit irrespective of the result.

If you choose not to green up and your horse wins then you have won £20 with no risk, alternatively if it gets beat then you have lost nothing.

It works exactly the same way if you are in a RED position (LOSS) ie you can risk the loss it is predicting if the horse wins or you can spread it across the field guaranteeing a smaller loss irrespective of the horse winning or losing.

Hope this helps.

K
alanbaxter

Good Morning K

Thank you so much for your help - this has been a real lightbulb moment for me. Thanks again!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”