Cracked it / Starting Bank

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
lockhud

Hi Everyone

Been trading on here a while now dipping in and out and being very strict following certain rules to strategies. Strike rate is now up and consistant to low stakes and have found that in times gone by i would have one big losing trade which would eradicate all previous winnings this is now reduced to a minimum aswell! so i'm looking at finally increasing my stakes, i've tried this earlier and found i got stuck as i didn't have enough in my betfair account and thus cost my money. My question is what is a good ratio to stakes to have in the betfair account is 100:1 or should it be more?

Thanks for your help guys!
Fidib665

Obviously this depends on the typical quotes/probabilities that you trade with. If you typically trade at a quote of 1.1, 100 times the stake seems reasonably well cusioned. If you typically trade at quotes of 100, it will be too little ;-). Would determine the optimal ratio by Monte Carlo simulations of your past trades: You simply choose games/their results at random and determine the maximum amount you would need to have to cushion the biggest downswing you observe at, e.g., a 99% or a 95% confidence interval ...

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”