How important is the Market Type?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ndarlington

Hello,

I've been trying all sorts in the last few weeks - with mixed sucess! I'm absolutely determined to crack it though, and understand its a long road ahead!

I understand that I'll pick up the movement of the money the more I watch, and the graphs are useful too, as well as watching what the other horses are up to in terms of price affecting the horse im trading.

However, on one of Peter Webb's videos, he talks about how he has 'identified' the market as favorible to certain conditions, and therefore he basically can predict what is going to happen (it drifts for ages, and he knew it would even though the WOM at times looked to go the other way).

Is this to do with the distance and type of race (maiden, hcap, etc). I presume Peter talks about this on his course - does anyone have any further information and advice you could possibly give on this?

Many thanks!
Nick
ndarlington

Sorry this is in the wrong section, should go under 'Horse Racing'
TheRiddler

ndarlington wrote:Hello,

I've been trying all sorts in the last few weeks - with mixed sucess! I'm absolutely determined to crack it though, and understand its a long road ahead!

I understand that I'll pick up the movement of the money the more I watch, and the graphs are useful too, as well as watching what the other horses are up to in terms of price affecting the horse im trading.

However, on one of Peter Webb's videos, he talks about how he has 'identified' the market as favorible to certain conditions, and therefore he basically can predict what is going to happen (it drifts for ages, and he knew it would even though the WOM at times looked to go the other way).

Is this to do with the distance and type of race (maiden, hcap, etc). I presume Peter talks about this on his course - does anyone have any further information and advice you could possibly give on this?

Many thanks!
Nick

I don't know about P. Webb's thoughts but yes racing is a mixed bag and understanding what is in front of you can only help, although successful trading is possible with little knowledge about the sport. In my opinion the more you know the greater the opportunity for profit. Eg. June july I have solely punted not traded. Why because I believed this was more profitable. Without knowledge this opportunity would have been wasted. But that's how I work, it wouldn't suit most.

Good luck.
Point2Point

I personally think that it can help for sure and make a big difference in the long term. But most markets you can scalp quite easily, some better than others. The market reading bit will come with time but isn't essential for a good start.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”