Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mambapeter

thank you...thats perfect :)
mambapeter

sorry..next newbie questin

say im trading darts throughout whole match...lay player a, he loses set so close bet..do i then green up before moving onto say playerb?
ShaunWhite

mambapeter wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm
sorry..next newbie questin

say im trading darts throughout whole match...lay player a, he loses set so close bet..do i then green up before moving onto say playerb?
Depends if you still think your position represents value, if you layed him, and he's playing really badly and rarely makes comebacks, then why close?

Remember too that greening at a lower price will return more profit than greening at a higher price.
mambapeter

thanks
ChastitySapp

I'm on the ladder and lets state I should again first and later on to lay on the switch side, by the by exactly when my again bet is matched.Once I use Offset bet with greening when I set again bet, BA put another bet for me on the lay perspective even my money on the back won't be facilitated.
consult

Newbie here

Can anyone answer or advise me

Can i place a lay bet on the favourite pre off and when in play place a back bet to make a profit or if the price reduces put a stop bet in ?

Regards Alan
Emmson

Why would this thread be locked?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8397&hilit=ave

in any case it will carefully perused by me tonight between midnight and start of Warriors Rockets game 6........a 16 page thread is usually a sign there will be some valuable insights lurking.
applematt

Awesome ,many thanks
asahenettleton

Hello, I have followed the scalping course. I forgot to take notes on scalping automation. part of the course. I cannot go back and view it. Can somebody please send me the baf file pertaining to the training?
i have downloaded a baf file from the forum but gives me negative profit.
Very annoyed with my self that I didn't take notes of that automation video.
Please help
Deve
Legionmort

On the same subject of Newbies and scalping.
I have been Matched Betting for nearly a year and yesterday I tried BetAngel for the first time (with Betdaq). Using the one-click screen I made a trade with a profit of £1.20. I clicked 'Green' and this spread across the field with £0.12 on each horse. However, when the race started, these values fluctuated until, at the end of the race, all horses were at £0.00 except my original one which had returned to £1.20. It lost, so no profit made. What am I missing? Why did I not get a £0.12 profit?
Dallas

Legionmort wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:14 am
On the same subject of Newbies and scalping.
I have been Matched Betting for nearly a year and yesterday I tried BetAngel for the first time (with Betdaq). Using the one-click screen I made a trade with a profit of £1.20. I clicked 'Green' and this spread across the field with £0.12 on each horse. However, when the race started, these values fluctuated until, at the end of the race, all horses were at £0.00 except my original one which had returned to £1.20. It lost, so no profit made. What am I missing? Why did I not get a £0.12 profit?
Sounds like you didn't have the green up bet matched, only once the values below the selections names change have you been matched.
After that they'll be static in the trade profit column - unless you open another trade
Legionmort

I have seen a couple more videos since then. Do you match the Green Up bet by simply clicking anywhere in the trade profit column once the 'Green' box has been ticked?
Dallas

Legionmort wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:04 pm
I have seen a couple more videos since then. Do you match the Green Up bet by simply clicking anywhere in the trade profit column once the 'Green' box has been ticked?
Yes, but you also need to ensure it gets matched, ie, there are no unmatched bets showing at the bottom of the screen and all the p/l figures below the selections names are all the same and match what you see in your trade profit column
Vaz0202

On fire at the moment.
3 winning days in a row, made £1.80 today on £2 stakes.

Not going to increase stakes until I have experienced a losing run. Need to make sure my mind can deal with the variance.

Keeping to a very strict system when scalping.
Sticking to a 1 tick policy with auto offset to greening up.

I was reading the comments on an old video of Peter’s and someone mentioned a trader saying he could teach scalping to anyone who enjoyed video games.
I don’t enjoy video goes as such but I do enjoy strategy games.
This should be something I excel in I thought.
I stare at the screen like a fool waiting for the moment and it seems to be working.
Kai

Vaz0202 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:30 pm
I was reading the comments on an old video of Peter’s and someone mentioned a trader saying he could teach scalping to anyone who enjoyed video games.
I don’t enjoy video goes as such but I do enjoy strategy games.
This should be something I excel in I thought.
It's a common analogy. Suggests that clicking around on the ladder is akin to playing video games because it builds muscle memory skills that can be practiced to a good level without a real skill cap. It's something that gamers usually excel in, along with pattern recognition, self-improvement and problem solving skills which is in other words "beating game/market" and "finding patterns/edges". Obviously not a bad starting skillset to build the rest upon.

So scalping is a good start, many of us started from basic scalping including Peter IIRC but later when scalping you ideally want to try and take as many ticks as the market is offering and not settling in advance for 1 tick with offset, since the risk vs reward is far from ideal and it will be difficult to stay consistent enough in most markets. You'll also find it gets more difficult with bigger stakes.

If that's something you think you can be good at then you can try all sorts of scalping that you find on Bet Angel videos and Youtube, since there's many ways to scalp both preoff and even inplay markets, I for example also like scalping inplay runners to create "free" trades, it's not necessary but might as well add as many ticks as you possibly can, that's basically the whole point of the trading game!

Best of luck :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”