Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Derek27

I started trading with just £50 and was placing £2 - £5 bets. All you need to do is reduce your stakes and give yourself a bit more time to experiment and get to grips with trading.
bontabam

Hi
Can anyone help me on this one? Are we able to green up on a potential profit on the free version of bet angel's 1 click screen? Also (this will totally reveal my lack of knowledge) am I completely thick - is anyone else experiencing difficulty trying to understand trading on the ladder when it's reversed? Any answers will be reverentially received -thanks
threedogs

I have been scalping and learning for about three years and yes I make profit now but at first it was a long time before I made a profit so its really just learning and trying to improve bit by bit and it will eventually come to you but its very hard work learnign and takes a long time ..
Dallas

bontabam wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:39 am
Hi
Can anyone help me on this one? Are we able to green up on a potential profit on the free version of bet angel's 1 click screen? Also (this will totally reveal my lack of knowledge) am I completely thick - is anyone else experiencing difficulty trying to understand trading on the ladder when it's reversed? Any answers will be reverentially received -thanks
Yes you can green up on the one-click using the basic version

This thread will explain the difference between reversed and normal odds display
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12253
Locatat45

I'm still taking my time to study and observe the market so that I don't make any tangible mistakes. I know mistakes help us to learn but I want to minimize it if I can... I need to equip myself with more training.
mambapeter

hi
my newbie question
say i am in an under 2.5 football maatch. price currently 1.6 and it drifting...if i put either a) a trailing stop of say 10, or b) a proper stop at say 1.80 will they def get taken out if goal scored and price spikes, or will i get the gap upto price...
thanks

peter
JTEDL

The unders price will drop not drift with no goals, if there is a goal the stop won't be matched as when market suspends the bet will be cancelled, the price will likely be a lot higher depending on how long into the game it is.
mambapeter

thanks... that what i thought, but hey i was hoping...lol
mambapeter

im not the cleverest person out there..
been searching for ages but can't think of term im after..
im wanting what i call a tick increment chart, ie below 2 its incremental 1, above 2 in 2's then as value increases tick sizes increase but say i back something at say 7 and want to lay at 4 i cant work out how many ticks...lol
thanks

peter
Dallas

mambapeter wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:00 pm
im not the cleverest person out there..
been searching for ages but can't think of term im after..
im wanting what i call a tick increment chart, ie below 2 its incremental 1, above 2 in 2's then as value increases tick sizes increase but say i back something at say 7 and want to lay at 4 i cant work out how many ticks...lol
thanks

peter
Try this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mambapeter

thank you...thats perfect :)
mambapeter

sorry..next newbie questin

say im trading darts throughout whole match...lay player a, he loses set so close bet..do i then green up before moving onto say playerb?
ShaunWhite

mambapeter wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm
sorry..next newbie questin

say im trading darts throughout whole match...lay player a, he loses set so close bet..do i then green up before moving onto say playerb?
Depends if you still think your position represents value, if you layed him, and he's playing really badly and rarely makes comebacks, then why close?

Remember too that greening at a lower price will return more profit than greening at a higher price.
mambapeter

thanks
ChastitySapp

I'm on the ladder and lets state I should again first and later on to lay on the switch side, by the by exactly when my again bet is matched.Once I use Offset bet with greening when I set again bet, BA put another bet for me on the lay perspective even my money on the back won't be facilitated.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”