Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
vladilyich

Is there a way of having the 'one click view' as normal and the 'ladder view' as reverse without doing it manually?

Thanks.
Dallas

vladilyich wrote:Is there a way of having the 'one click view' as normal and the 'ladder view' as reverse without doing it manually?

Thanks.
Yes just save each as a different profile
ststsj

Hi traders
Looking for some advice or help.I've been having a go at trading one day cricket.I have been going ok back/laying the batting side at 5-10 ticks profit.Today I went belly up as there was a big batting collapse and normally after a wicket or two there is a partnership and you can get out with a small profit or small loss but with a collapse it culminates to a decent loss.??
gazuty

ststsj wrote:Hi traders
Looking for some advice or help.I've been having a go at trading one day cricket.I have been going ok back/laying the batting side at 5-10 ticks profit.Today I went belly up as there was a big batting collapse and normally after a wicket or two there is a partnership and you can get out with a small profit or small loss but with a collapse it culminates to a decent loss.??
One thing to consider. Is your strategy the equivalent of picking up pennies in front of the steamroller? And if it is, do you cut off half your coat once it's stuck under the steamroller or did you let it flatten you?

In most strategies there will be profits and losses. Even my most successful automations have losses 20% of the time. What is important is whether overall your strategy is positive or negative. Some strategies have lots of small wins and an occasional big loss. Do all the small wins more than compensate for the big loss? If so, great. If not, you are simply picking up pennies in front of the steamroller. Better not trip.
ststsj

Well if I heard a burglar in my house would I pretend im asleep to let them strip my goods or would I spoil there party and hope to salvage what ever I could.common sense prevails obviously.Any how if anyone could help with something constructive that would be much appreciated.
guy333

The advice is, if the loss is bigger than the gains then stop doing it.

If even after the loss you have a profit and this happens consistently then congratulations you have found a winning strategy.

I don't know how long you have been trying but I have been on Betfair for over 10 years and am still searching.

I have been experimenting with automation for a few months and I think I am getting there gradually.
ststsj

Ive just started cricket after trying horses , tennis with no luck. and so far im in profit so now is just about management.Ive considered trying automation I hope you find a niche .
vladilyich

ststsj wrote:Hi traders
The Indian Premier League is superb for trading. Even as a rank novice a couple of years back I made some money on it. Just laying the batting side at a fixed price and nicking a few ticks when the price turned in my favour.
I am not sure how games longer than 20 overs work out but I wouldnt give up hope yet.

While I can imagine Automation is excellent for this I would still monitor the market manually to watch for batting collapses and get out if needed. A fixed price for laying or even a fixed liability should stop too big a loss.
ststsj

Thanks for that.Its got me stumped how people make a living from trading what a life. If I could get 100 a day on average id be stoked . Then id have to target the right sports and spend a lot of time in front of the screen :shock: .I may be able to find a trading course in Australia but never come across any as yet.Thanks again
obitus

Sorry about the simple question and if it has been asked before but with regards to an offset bet I have selected the attached units, when I have my first bet placed and matched the follow up bet isn't placed?

It seems to work under the one click tab but not the ladder tab

any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

obitus wrote:Sorry about the simple question and if it has been asked before but with regards to an offset bet I have selected the attached units, when I have my first bet placed and matched the follow up bet isn't placed?

It seems to work under the one click tab but not the ladder tab

any suggestions?
If its works on the one click screen but not the ladder its likely you dont have global settings enabled on the ladder screen, The blue cog icon should be uncrossed to enable global settings.
magwitch78

Is there a way where by a bet is only offset once it matches? under current settings when you place a bet the offset is placed automatically and can be filled before your initial bet is matched...
Dallas

Yes tick the fill or kill box
magwitch78

this just offsets the stake only once fully matched. is there no way to offset it as the initial bet is being matched bit by bit? e.g back bet 100 10 is matched so 10 is offset etc..
Dallas

magwitch78 wrote:this just offsets the stake only once fully matched. is there no way to offset it as the initial bet is being matched bit by bit? e.g back bet 100 10 is matched so 10 is offset etc..
Yes thats what the "Offset Batches" box is for just to the right, If you entered 10 in there and used a £100 stake each time £10 was matched that amount would be offset, if you used 4 in the batches box then as each £25 is matched that amount is offset

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”