Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started : Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh.
Dallas

Tue May 10, 2016 5:28 pm

On each of the lays you have the condition set to trigger higher than the odds your laying at, this is ok but need the price to bounce back down to be matched after its triggered otherwise if it just continues to drift it wont match.

Also you using the conditions "back price" is equal to 16 which means this will only trigger if the back price is exactly 16 anything higher or lower will be ignored so i would change that to greater.

Mattlindsay

Wed May 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks Dallas, I've updated both back trades to be taken at a greater price as you say the lay side I understand now, I prefer a fixed price as I know what my liability will be I suppose if I programme it to be greater than x price to be lay traded I would have more matched but have more exposure if it came back to win. What would you do?
I've also ticked restrict refresh from 2 secs before the off to 1000 secs after the start time do you think that will make a difference in having more trades matched?

Dallas

Wed May 11, 2016 1:55 pm

If your rule is only for IR and your running it on all or most of the days races restricting it the way you have will help if there is two in-play at the same time at least its not cycling through all the other markets not yet in-play unnecessarily

Placing the lay at fixed odds is what ensure you know what your max liability will be, the back condition you where using to trigger it wont effect that - but now it can trigger the lay when the back odds are greater than 16 rather than having to be exactly 16 as it was previously set to do which means it will fire much quicker and more often

Mattlindsay

Thu May 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi Dallas

I hope you don't mind but I've enclosed the file would you mind having a look and see where I'm going wrong.... All i'd like is a lay bet to be put into the market in play after 3 secs at 19.5 then green up when triggered at 21 ticks higher. With a stop loss as well. My only issue is having the trades put into the market after 3 secs. Help!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dallas

Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 pm

Its triggering fine but because your lay it well below the trigger odds it needs to bounce back down to get matched, and as you have noticed when it does bounce back down it can then just as easy continue further down and trigger your stop loss straight after - and if it goes on to win by crashing through your stop loss you ll lose a hefty amount

millahjovich

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:26 pm

How much did you start with in your account?

Have you managed to increase it at all?

I'm finding it very confusing at the moment.

I'm literally just struggling with the basics, i.e. whether to back or lay first, then whether to wait for the price to increase or decrease?!

How did u get to grips with it? Just watching videos etc??

jimibt

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:44 pm

millahjovich wrote:How much did you start with in your account?

Have you managed to increase it at all?

I'm finding it very confusing at the moment.

I'm literally just struggling with the basics, i.e. whether to back or lay first, then whether to wait for the price to increase or decrease?!

How did u get to grips with it? Just watching videos etc??
yawn... trollific

magwitch78

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Does anyone know if you can set the fill or kill delay in global settings to more than 99999seconds? basically im trying to put an order in the market and only once it starts to match do i want to offset (in batches of 50) this will be over days potentially therefore need more than 99999 seconds. Or do i even need the fill or kill ticked to do what ive stated? thanks..

JPV787

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:23 am

Hi, im pretty new to this so forgive my potentially dumb ass question.

If I am trading with a very small bank, say £10 and if I am doing back to lay. Could I put the full £10 on the back side then when it gets matched, put a £10 order in on the lay side? Or must I have enough to cover the liability?

marksmeets302

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:34 pm

laying will decrease your exposure, so that's fine.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”

• Information