Gettin' Started and Any Tips

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
lilgreenback

Hi Folks,

If like me you are a newb and see odd things happen when you least expect it on the ladders or trading screen it pays to watch and poss take advantage if you ain't getting fingers burned (let others know of a pattern of what to look out for)

Just now at Lingfield 19:10 race 08 Aug 09; at 19:02 someone was dropping 25K into the market at various points pushing the price down just when you thought that the price would continue to drop the guy or gal pulled the cash and the price jumped back up a good 6 or 7+ ticks. I watched it a couple of times and then saw where the 25k appeared next and hey presto the same thing.

Don’t know if this helps but watch out for large sums that are not at the front of the money cue as they could be some one just pushing their weight around. You may have already seen or know of this but unless you see it happen you may not know what you were looking at. (What made it stand out was the low prices every where else and I wanted me £1:50 back)

Keep lucky,

Last of the low rollers, LGB
LeTiss

Haha, you'll probably get people on here even do that!

I predominately bet on Football or Tennis, and quite often force prices in my favour by throwing £5000 into the market. It's a good trick for experienced Betfair punters who take advantage of less confident traders
bockko

hi guys anyone had this problem with bet angel pro software, everything works fine but as soon as i place a bet the bet goes through but the software then become non responsive ive then got to log out and log back in for every trade i want to place tried reinstaling the software tried everything i was told to try but for some reason the software locks up whenever i place a bet
hope some one out there can help many thanks. :cry: :cry:
to75ne

bockko wrote:hi guys anyone had this problem with bet angel pro software, everything works fine but as soon as i place a bet the bet goes through but the software then become non responsive ive then got to log out and log back in for every trade i want to place tried reinstaling the software tried everything i was told to try but for some reason the software locks up whenever i place a bet
hope some one out there can help many thanks. :cry: :cry:
email support. they are very quick and no doubt sort it
lilgreenback

Hi LeTiss,

Thanks for the reply and input the "spook money" certainly works as I've seen it a few times in the past but not known what I was seeing. The downside to it also has an upside, so if you see the trend you can catch some of the "returning bounce". When the large amount pushes the back price down and then disappears the price will often correct it's self. By laying just as the money goes and then backing a few clicks above as the price risers you can catch that movement.

Any other thoughts about trading other markets like the footie etc any suggestions gratefully received.

Stay Lucky

LGB

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”