Advice

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
greg

Very new to trading, have made some costly errors already.I`ve read lots of blogs and looked at lots of forums for advice and tips would love to learn more and become a sucsessful trader has any one got any advice? Are there any good books that i should read to fast track my knowledge? what about theses ebooks and courses that i`ve seen for £49 do they work?
neeeel

Ive never bought an ebook, cant imagine they are any good, or else why would they be selling them, instead of trading themselves.
My advice would be to practice. Try and get a feel for the markets, and how they move. Use minimum stakes (£2) until you are regularly making a profit. Work on your discipline, dont go in play hoping to recover a loss. If you have to take a loss, then take it, and move on.Your state of mind, confidence and belief are all very important too.
Play about with the markets, try different things, you can learn a lot that way .
bugrit

Have to agree with neeeel leave the e-books well alone, they are just snakeoil salesmen! The best tutor is experience, start with £2 stakes, and concentrate of preserving your capital to begin with. This means cutting a losing trade QUICKLY and NEVER let a bet go inplay, as eventually it will bite you big time if you do!
Good luck
Steve
TheRiddler

greg wrote:Very new to trading, have made some costly errors already.I`ve read lots of blogs and looked at lots of forums for advice and tips would love to learn more and become a sucsessful trader has any one got any advice? Are there any good books that i should read to fast track my knowledge? what about theses ebooks and courses that i`ve seen for £49 do they work?

Greg, are you trading BETDAQ by any chance? Betdaq is the place you should be. You can make a nice profit there and you will become a better trader for it in the long run. The posts above are all true. For example if you traded the stock market and enduring a lean spell, to fill the gap you would write a e-book. This book's purpose is not to help you but to swell the coppers.

Also don't try to fast-track anything because you will only end up as shark bait. This 'game' is not easy.

Good luck on your journey.

By the way will you buy my new ebook it will sell at £30 for the 1st buyer, double up to £60 for the 2nd idiot, so on and so on. Hurry up before they're all gone. I've received that many deposits I'm thinking of buying an island in the sun.
greg

Many thanks to Neeeel,Steve and theRiddler for your advice.Have been stung twice by going inplay nearly wiped me out the second time,won`t be doing that again! looks like it`s going to be take some time till i`m where i want to be but after thinking about your comments i think thats the only way.Thanks again folks, greg :

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”