Automatic Greening

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
maneman

Hello,
I am not sure the auto greening feature works consistently.

I traded 12 markets today (Thurs 27-08-09) all horse racing and 6 out of the 12 I ended up with £0.00!!
Yet I know I never made a loss in any race and I was fairly conservative in my usage as I am still familiarising myself with trading styles.

The software was set to Force open reverse, offsetting by 1 tick, auto green, place fill or kill 10 secs. No stops set and all seemed to work fine and some markets were ok (that is 6).

Is this auto green feature reliable?
It's rather frustrating when you've turned over 135 bets (alot for me btw) and you end up with 6 markets making zilch.

Suggestions and/or help please? :?
yowiejim

If you place a fill or kill bet and then move the bet to a different price bet angel will green up according to the original price you asked for not the latter price
JollyGreen

maneman wrote:Hello,
I am not sure the auto greening feature works consistently.

I traded 12 markets today (Thurs 27-08-09) all horse racing and 6 out of the 12 I ended up with £0.00!!
Yet I know I never made a loss in any race and I was fairly conservative in my usage as I am still familiarising myself with trading styles.

The software was set to Force open reverse, offsetting by 1 tick, auto green, place fill or kill 10 secs. No stops set and all seemed to work fine and some markets were ok (that is 6).

Is this auto green feature reliable?
It's rather frustrating when you've turned over 135 bets (alot for me btw) and you end up with 6 markets making zilch.

Suggestions and/or help please? :?
I think something is missing here? Please don't take this the wrong way but can I ask you how you are greening up automatically? In the post you list the following settings.
  • 1. Force open Reverse
    2. Offsetting by 1 tick
    3. Auto greening**
Do you mean you have a check mark in "with greening" adjacent the 1 tick offset? Or do you mean you have a check mark in the "Green" on the one click screen?

I have seen many people with a check in the latter "green" on the one click screen and they think the amount has been greened/hedged. With this setup you need to click the green amount below the check mark. Have a look at the amounts listed below each horse and you will probably find the amount is +ve on 1 horse and zero on the others.

As I said, don't take this the wrong way but if you happen to have the latter setting then it could explain why only 6 of the 12 trades produced something other than zero. It suggests you were rewarded by the traded horse winning the race. Unless you are trading miniscule stakes then a greened/hedged amount would return at least £0.01 as opposed to £0.00.

Check your settings for the greening and let me know.
neeeel

yowiejim wrote:If you place a fill or kill bet and then move the bet to a different price bet angel will green up according to the original price you asked for not the latter price
I dunno wether it has been changed recently or not, but when I used to use the offset with greening function, if you place a bet, and then move it in the ladder, it did *not* place the closing bet, and didnt green up

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”