The automation-functions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
blinduser

Since some of you may find this question quite strange, I will start explaining why i Post it.

I am totally blind, and using a screen reader. Screen-readers are great, but you can't always look over many kinds of information at the same time, unless the software you are using follow the accessability-standards, and BetAngel Certainly don't:-)

Also, before posting this question, I have read the user-guide carefully, but (sorry Peter) I have seldom seen anything that bad written...
Pictures are fine, but a bit explanation would have been a good idea... Not everyone can actually see them (smile)

In fact, I have to say that the training videos are more informative than the manul, and these are tough words for a blind man (grin)

So here come my question:

When using the automation function in the book-making tab, do you have to tick the "all"-boxes, or is it posible to make your own selections, say for instance 2 out of 3, or 3 out of 6 runners for instance?

I can tell you I have lost money on experimenting with these things :-)

Please help

Thanks in advance
PaddyOdoors

fair play to you I say.

I have at times wished I was blind so I couldn't see how bad I was doing!

To answer you're question, you do not need to tick all the boxes in the bookmaker or automated betting function.

You only need tick those selections you wish to Dutch or lay.

Hope that answers your question
cheers
blinduser

PaddyOdoors wrote:fair play to you I say.

I have at times wished I was blind so I couldn't see how bad I was doing!

To answer you're question, you do not need to tick all the boxes in the bookmaker or automated betting function.

You only need tick those selections you wish to Dutch or lay.

Hope that answers your question
cheers

Thanks friend

It does answere my question.

Advice: I am blind and sometimes still wish i couldn't see what i do :-)

Blinduser
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

To be honest we hadn't anticipated having blind users though we are now aware of a few within the ranks. If you can give us any guidance, we will try and take that onboard in future builds.

Unfortunately I think there are some limitations with screen readers? Modern software design standards do not allow for complex images to be 'read'?
blinduser

Bet Angel wrote:To be honest we hadn't anticipated having blind users though we are now aware of a few within the ranks. If you can give us any guidance, we will try and take that onboard in future builds.

Unfortunately I think there are some limitations with screen readers? Modern software design standards do not allow for complex images to be 'read'?
Let's now be honest:

First of all:
The administration did what they could that I didn't buy ...

But I thought to myself, what do they know ... And I was so right

I admit, that there are days when I want to kill the the developement-team (due to accessability) but then again we have to be honest

All The Mentioned Short-cuts W O R K S: Even Microsoft can beat that :-)
They always promise lots and lots of access-keys, and you can always be sure that atleast one of them doesn't work. 10 points to the BetAngel-team

Next thing:

When using a product as BetAngel, you have to stop focusing on what you can't do with it, but instead focus on what you can ...

What I mean: Why do I have to pay the full prise for Microsoft Word, I can only use 80% of the functions (smile)

Next thing:

The main reason I decided to buy BetAngel was:

I have been using the basic-product for quite long time, and since I can program in the screen-readers (Jaws) scripting-language I did so, with quite a good result ...
I thought to myself: I might be doing that again ... Especially if get the object-model used "cracked".

Next, I thought: The statements about BetAngel and Excel might be true.

They were, and best of all the design and layout is fortunately not very fancy, so what can I say:
Focus on what you can, and not on what you can't ...

If I should mention something, that realy makes having a hard time it is that I can't get the odds easily.
Only in excel. Yes the sales-department warned me, so I knew it ...

Therefore, I am mostly using the automated functions, and excel for traiting, and your answer to that should in my opinion be: Many people do that blind or not ...
And I agree ...

So please don't read this as blaming anyone for anything.

I Love BetAngel, and sometimes I love to hate it (grin).

What I will be missing next, as my skills grow, is the latter -function.
Is it availible in Excel?

Finally a word about the manual:

Try an experiment: Take your manual, and convert it to a txt-file. I can, and i bet you can do it too.
Then read it.
Then think about this word: It is the thought that the pictures should support an explanation, and not that the explanation should depend upon the pictures.

Or in other words: what is this statment worth to you:

The weather will be fine in this part of the western gb.

Please note: I am not a piccture-hater (why should I)?

But the pictures should be a supplement to the text, not the opposite ...

If the BetAngel-team is interested in further information of what could be made different about the accessability, please feel free to contact me.
I doubt the most users on this forum give a damn about accessability (smile)

Thanks in advance

And thanks for a great product, which i sometimes love to hate.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”