peters course

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
prestburydreams

is there anybody who has been on the betfair trading course who is still struggling to make a profit at trading?
neeeel

lol......... Ive been struggling for over a year since I went on the course. I think I am starting to make a bit of progress now, but its been a long and painful time so far, and likely to be just as long again before I may be able to earn a living from it , though hopefully not as painful .
davidjohn1943

I went on the last course and I am still not able to make a profit!
PeterLe

Hi
I went on the course in 2007...and upto April this year hadnt made anything...
I decided to give it one last shot...when the bank money was gone...that would be it.
I immediately noticed that my account was moving into a positive position. Things just became easier and easier, especially when you are playing with Betfairs money. I changed my trading style and tried new things.
I also took a different perspective after reading "Trading in the zone"..In my opinion, the secret to this is all in the mind (obviously, you need to be able to read the markets too),..Since then I have made in excess of a five figure sum...Still a lot to learn before catching Peter, Adam H and a few others on here, but its a step in the right direction.
I'm reluctant to say I've cracked it, because things can and do change.
I think the course helped (But that particular day of the course I had a migraine of all things! (Yes Peter, I was the one who must have looked like he had been out on the Ale all night!)...and found it very hard to concentrate, but I took the manual home and studied it).
The point I'm trying to make is; the course is not a magic bullet...you will have to serve your apprenticeship as Peter told us and put the spade work in. There are no short cuts...but when it starts paying dividends it makes all the hard work seem worthwhile...
Good luck and stick at it!!
Regards
Peter
Cran

If you take guitar lessons will you be a rock star?

At the end of the day it's down to you, but the lessons will probably help.
SpikeyBob

I attended the course in early May this year and found it a great help. The manual is well worth a read and I use it as constant reference material.

All that said, you have to go through an apprenticeship with this trading lark. I have only just got my balance back to 0 from March this year.

Don't rush into this with high stakes, start off with minimum stakes and increase them as you improve. I currently only stake 1% of my total bank per trade. But it can take several hundred (pre race horse) markets before you become proficient at making constant profits (something that still eludes me :)).
blackfriar

PeterLe wrote: I also took a different perspective after reading "Trading in the zone"..In my opinion, the secret to this is all in the mind (obviously, you need to be able to read the markets too)
PeterLe - can you please tell me if 'Trading in the zone' is by the author Ari Kiev or Mark Douglas? There are two different versions of this book available, and as someone just starting out myself (and now £100 in the black after pre-race trading min. stakes :lol: ) I feel like this book could be valuable. Cheers in advance.
Cran

Mark Douglas
Predicton

SpikeyBob wrote:I attended the course in early May this year and found it a great help. The manual is well worth a read and I use it as constant reference material.

All that said, you have to go through an apprenticeship with this trading lark. I have only just got my balance back to 0 from March this year.

Don't rush into this with high stakes, start off with minimum stakes and increase them as you improve. I currently only stake 1% of my total bank per trade. But it can take several hundred (pre race horse) markets before you become proficient at making constant profits (something that still eludes me :)).
I get my account back to 0 frequently
shanebrady

Will the course give you a better idea how to spot trends/swings and when to enter?

Rather than just how to use the product.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The day is focused on strategies and tactics from the ground up. The course is not used to demonstrate or show the software so it's better if you understand how to use it before you attempt to attend the course. We do use the software throughout the day as we have to do this demonstrate the key concepts.

What the course can't do is turn you into a supersonic hyper trader with gigantic totals overnight, everything takes a bit of practice and effort. However it should help you move forward much quicker as the course is focused on key strategies and tactics and a better understanding of the market. By giving you key information about how the market works we hope you will have a much better base to build from. Peter will show you how and why odds move and how to exploit that with certain tactics. There are handouts of course notes and detail on the specific strategies demonstrated.

Only you can put them to use after the course though!

If you are unsure if it is suitable, please email us with your requirements. We don't want you to attend if you won't be able to get value from it.
mbb

I seem to recall a Bet Angel "how to do it" book was planned a while back - is there a possibility of your course material being put into writing at some point, (for those unfortunates who can't get to a course in person)?
icocking

I'd be interested in a written version of the course, and I suspect that others outside the UK would also be interested, perhaps Peter could run a survey and see if the concept would be worth the effort.????

Ian
Predicton

[quote="Cran"]If you take guitar lessons will you be a rock star?

No, but I suspect that the pupil would expect to be able to play a few simple songs
manxmac

very interesting ime thinking of going on the course and this forum has helped loads very good comments keep them coming

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”