Greening Up And Other Oddities

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Cptamerica

A few days ago I was betting on horse races until I got fed up losing pennies on every race and stuck to sports where im pretty successful.

In one race I was going to lose money anyway and it went in play. I kind of lost track of what I was doing and trying to stem the flow was pushing buttons (one of my first ever trades so im still learning). I think I lost 1GBP but the horse that came a very close second had a liability of 3500 next too it. I nearly passed out. And I was only betting 2GBP stakes. I only had 50 in my account so how could this hugh liability happen ?

Anyway im not going 'in play' again on horses as that was rather scary.

Also just a moment ago I was betting on cricket. 2.90 up on one team not greened up. Thought ill take all of that please. Anyway the game flip flopped and I bet my way into 2.60 winning on the other team once again without laying off. Anyhoo... in the final stages I could have greened up at predicted... 2.48 or 11.14 I have a screenshot. Is this a glitch or should I have clicked the 11.14? I was slightly put off because of what happened on the horses and decided to play it safe.
LeTiss

I think the £3500 liability was probably in the greening up column, not actually registered against your account. There was probably a price of 1000 being offered or being asked for and completely distorted the picture

Don't worry, if you only have £50 in your account you cannot lose £3500 on a race
gutuami

Don't worry, if you only have £50 in your account you cannot lose £3500 on a race
Sorry mate but you're wrong here. I know somebody who had about 300 into his account and on a race had [email protected] or so accepted on the layside. A betfair glitch acctually. His balance got 0.00 and he could not close his -500 position. As usual the horse won. And when he deposited 250 his balance showed much more less than 250. Betfair still investigating... I could give you even the ticket number of the problem..
Last edited by gutuami on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

gutuami wrote:
Sorry mate but you're wrong here. I know somebody who had about 300 into his account and on a race had [email protected] or so accepted on the layside. A betfair glitch acctually. His balance got 0.00 and he could not close his -500 position. As usual the horse won. And when he deposited 250 his balance showed only 50. Betfair still investigating... I could give you even the ticket number of the problem..
That's incredible, never heard that before

Surely Betfair should stomach that hit themselves and accept it was a mistake on their part
gutuami

here's their last email dated: April 28rd 2009
Thank you for your e-mail in regards to your bet dispute.

From the logs we've been able to conclude the following;

- Both times match up to the bet logs, showing there were distinctly two separate bets.
- The time between bets remains at 2 seconds, a reasonable time for human interaction.
- The "placeBets" value near the end of each log signifies that it was a bet placement command.
- Both bets are from the same machine (xx.xx.xx.xx).
Please can you confirm if you have any API or bet aiding software on your computer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards...
so is this betfair or betUNfair???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”