Can u use a stop loss without using the offsetting feature?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RafterP

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if its possible to have a stop loss without using offsetting?

I like the idea of using a stop loss just incase my internet connection goes on me, but i'd rather not have the offsetting feature on because I'm finding that I'm learning more about BetAngel and my own trading capabilities without that particular safety net.

As a I said above though I hate the idea of losing my connection temporarily and having a big liability in the market.

Thanks in advance
andyfuller

If you are using big money (big liability) I would suggest you invest some of your money in a 3G backup dongle. They cost less than £10 a month and give you piece of mind and if attached to a Laptop you are covered for internet and power failure.

And don't forget you can always phone BF to exit your position.
LeTiss

I've phoned Betfair to exit a position when my connection belly up.

The time to worry is when Betfair crashes!!!

I'm pretty sure you can't use the stop loss facility when offsetting is turned off
You can right click on the ladder, but that disappears when you enter another market
RafterP

Cheers Andy, think I'll look into that.

Thats what I thought LeTiss thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks again guys

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”