Betfair live video

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
martin123

Last edited by martin123 on Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reginald

martin123 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:31 am
Remarkable!
I assume it is working for you? I have no luck with any horse racing live stream from betfair website so far three days in a row.
NodwellBainbridge

I am probably being thick here ... but if I am logged on to Betfair via my Bet Angel software - Do I also then log straight on to Betfair in order to get the live video. Will Betfair allow "two" log-ins to the same account via different means? If this is not the case what is the trick ?
nolcat

Betfair will allow two logins in my experience but you don't necessarily need to open betfair with your browser as you can use the in built one on the 'desktop' tab once you log on to the betangel software. So you can work it all from on betangel.
James1st

Anyone got a solution to having to click on "allow" Adobe Flash every time before watching a race on Betfair Video?

Thanks
Kvyat

Hi
Is in future updates BA developers looks to add "live stream" button, like in other trading programs
It is very inconvinient to open BF site in browser and switching betwen BA and browser
jamesg46

Kvyat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:14 pm
Hi
Is in future updates BA developers looks to add "live stream" button, like in other trading programs
It is very inconvinient to open BF site in browser and switching betwen BA and browser
Click Desktop tab option, the one next to One-click, Ladder, Manual Bet etc & you will see,

Bet Angel

Knowledge Base Bet Angel Support Bet Angel Today's Football Bet Angel **Live Video** Bet Angel Radio Bet Angel Bet Angel TV Bet Angel Blog Bet Angel

You can access it from here, although personally I use a seperate browser. I would rather my software focus on being my software & not my live stream... thats personal preference though.
ShaunWhite

If you don't have enough screen real estate to display both at the same time then try Alt-Tab (assuming you're on Windows) ?
Dallas

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 pm
Kvyat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:14 pm
Hi
Click Desktop tab option, the one next to One-click, Ladder, Manual Bet etc & you will see,

Bet Angel

Knowledge Base Bet Angel Support Bet Angel Today's Football Bet Angel **Live Video** Bet Angel Radio Bet Angel Bet Angel TV Bet Angel Blog Bet Angel

You can access it from here, although personally I use a seperate browser. I would rather my software focus on being my software & not my live stream... thats personal preference though.
The Betfair web site leaks a lot of memory so as James just said its better to use an external browser and connect to https://livevideo.betfair.com/
that will provide much better segregation inside windows and will use your PC's memory and processor more effectively.
i.e. The Bet Angel interface will perform better if you don't give the same core of your processor the additional task of handling the Betfair web site.

Another alternative to Shauns suggestion is to use a free program called deskpins, that will enable you to use the pop-out Betfair video which you can then pin anywhere you want and always have it on top.
Elroy58

I've tried Geeks Toy which I couldn't get along with. I'm now trialling other software which is ok and I think I'll try Bet Angel before deciding which of the two to go for.
One thing that I like in other software is that when you have the grid open for a race there is a button that opens the betfair video. This gives a bigger screen that the betfair video and it has a pin so that you can pin it to the screen.
I'm not clear if this is the case in Betangel despite reading the thread.
Would someone please clarify.
Thanks
Dallas

Elroy58 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 am
I've tried other software which I couldn't get along with. I'm now trialling other software which is ok and I think I'll try Bet Angel before deciding which of the two to go for.
One thing that I like in other software is that when you have the grid open for a race there is a button that opens the betfair video. This gives a bigger screen that the betfair video and it has a pin so that you can pin it to the screen.
I'm not clear if this is the case in Betangel despite reading the thread.
Would someone please clarify.
Thanks
The 'Live Video' button is located in the centre of the Desktop screen (first screen you see following each login)

However, the Betfair web site leaks a lot of memory so you'll always get a better performance if you use an external browser such as IE, Firefox, Chrome etc to connect to the Betfair live video page
https://livevideo.betfair.com/

Doing that provides much better segregation inside windows and will use your PC's memory and processor more effectively. i.e. The Bet Angel interface will perform better if you don't give the same core of your processor the additional task of handling the Betfair web site.

You can use a free program called deskpins, this will enable you to use the pop-out Betfair video which you can then pin anywhere you want and always have it on top.
Elroy58

Thanks for that .When ( I think) Sky is providing the feed you can click a full screen button but when ATR are providing the feed, the window is about 14cm x 14 cm on the Betfair feed . On the other software you can make it about 20cm x 20cm. Is there a way to do that using the Betangel video (notwithstanding it being better to use the direct Betfair feed) -or in fact can you do this with the Betfair feed but I never knew? Thanks
megarain

As a slight aside - its often been noted the Betfair website leaks memory.

What has caused this ? Can it be fixed ?
spreadbetting

Just a badly coded site, not much you can do really other than shut down the browser and reopen if it gets too bad. Maybe try a different browser firefox is usually the worst.

The porblem is down to the fact there's so much javascript running in the background and it hogs memory without releasing it back so eventually things come to a halt if you have too many windoows open.
megarain

Interesting - thx

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”