Question regarding the speed of placing bets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Lee_SHA

Hi guys,

I'm new here so, hello everyone! (and please be nice to me ;) )

I am currently trialling BetAngel Pro and I think it's a fantastic piece of software. I have been using it for mainly trading on in-play tennis but have also dabbled with the horses and also football, making a decent return.

My one question/problem is this - whilst watching the demonstration videos, whilst placing bets on the ladder or even the one-click bets, they seem to hit the market instantly, which is massively helpful to catch quick price movements (which happens in tennis after almost every point).

When I place my bets, there is a delay of around 4/5 seconds before it appears in the market which means I have missed out on sharp market movements. Whilst watching a tennis match, it's easy to see which way a point may go and back or lay accordingly, but by the time my bet has hit the market, taking into account the delay, the price has already moved in the direction I was expecting but I end up missing out.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the system, or is there anything I need to do to make it faster? Or is it just the creators of BetAngel that have the super-duper fast version and everyone else's reacts like mine?

Please help as apart from this, I would definately consider signing up after my trial.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Stewart

Hi Lee

The delay your are experiencing is for all in play markets. This delay is not caused by Betangel but by Betfair.

You shouldn't (depending on your ISP connection) experience a delay for markets that are not in play.

Here is the official Betfair explanation:

Why do you have a delay on placing bets on a market that is ‘in-play’?
‘In-play’ markets usually carry a time delay varying from 1-5 seconds. This delay is in place to allow customers to cancel unmatched orders on the system when there is a change in market conditions. This delay protects both backers and layers and leads to greater liquidity.

Stewart
Lee_SHA

Stewart,

Thank you for the swift response, it has helped a lot and is much appreciated.

I shall test it on a market that is not in play and post if there are any other issues.

Cheers,
Lee

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”