I have been working with Bet Angel for the last few days.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
enigma08

Hi There

I have been studying Bet Angel for the past few days. I think I am staring to understand some of its features.

I am placing minimum trades of £2.00 currently and on most occasion take a small profit. I trade on the ladder screen making full use of the charts.

I close my position with a profit of say 30p, which is shown in the top left hand corner. I know this sound stupid. But on quite a few trades this profit is not credited to my betfair account - yes, I know, I am doing someting wrong - please help!!

Also alot of the time I green - across all the runners, sometimes this work and sometimes not.
Again advice on this issue would greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Peter
(enigma08)
aligammack

Hi Peter

"Alot of the time you green" So this means that sometimes you do not green up. My guess would be that the times you don't green up are the times the profit doesnt go into your account becuase the horse doesnt go on to win.

The greening up...sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I don't understand...The greening button doesn't work? It spreads the profit/loss unevenly? If you can let us know what doesn't work I will be glad to try and help you out.

Hope this helps.. In summary...get into the habbit of greening up profits and especially losses or one day you might take a nasty hit.
enigma08

Afternoon Aligammack

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

I have made several trades today with returns of more that 80p on a £2 stake. So far today no losses. I trade on the ladder screen. Once the profit is made I go the one-click screen and tick the green box.

However out of all my trades about ten, only the winning races return me the profit to betfair. As I am greening, as per your advice, what am I doing wrong?

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Peter
enigma08
Stewart

Hi Peter

Check the attached screen shot - apologies for the resolution but you get the idea.

A greened up value underneath each horses name means that the profit (or loss) has been distributed across the entire field.

If a value is diplayed for one horse - then no greening has been done.

Regards
Stewart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
enigma08

Afternoon Stewart

Thanks for the advice. The figures only go in the green column not under the horse. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Peter
Stewart

Hi Peter

Reading your above post you are ticking the green box but not activating it.

Once you have selected the green box on the one-click screen, hover your cursor over the box directly underneath (will have monetry value) and a message should appear on your screen saying
çlose and green up all trades for predicted profit
. Click on that icon and it should then distribute this figure to all selections (as per my screen shot).

There are other ways to do this though:

1. Use the trade calculator
2. On the ladder screen, select the Trading profit tick box and prior to the off click on the monetary value on the selection you have traded. This is good because it lets you put a closing trade out of the money - and you can use your judgement to get it filled.

Have a practice - there are other things that you can do to help you green up in profit but best to take one step at a time.
;)
enigma08

Thanks for the advice Stewart, I will have a go at it today.

Regards

Peter
lilgreenback

Hi Peter,

Did exactly the same thing when I started using BA, so follow the info Stewart has posted you have to activate the button with the value in after checking the green button.

The other thing I never realised was that on the ladder screen if you have a bet part matched and then the price moves leaving you with a bit of money left over. If you click in the "Net Stake" box it will either be Blue or Pink, you can drop that amount in the back or lay section to close it up.

Soft I know but I would be typing in a remaining value as the price was going up and down not realising it was straightforward to do. I suppose it comes from "thinking one has read the manual" only to refer back when it goes wrong.

Hope things are working out, stay lucky.

LilGB
enigma08

Thanks for your note - yes I now understand!! Thanks for your other tip!

Regards

Peter
Frosy

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem here.

I check the green up box but when I click on the icon to distribute the figures it offers to place another lay...

Is it activated somewhere else?

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike_IG

Frosy wrote:Hi,

I'm having a similar problem here.

I check the green up box but when I click on the icon to distribute the figures it offers to place another lay...

Is it activated somewhere else?

Dave
That's how you do it Dave, It's laying the profit you have made on the relevant horse/horses.
aligammack

Frosy,

The way we green up is to place a lay/back bet so that it spreads the profit/loss evenly through all possibilities.

BetAngel automatically calculates how much the lay/back bet needs to be in order to spread the profit/loss evenly.

Hope that helps

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”