Can bet angel do this?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
PuntingPete

Is it possible to set betangel to automatically enter bets for certain races after the off? For example would I be able to set it to lay every horse at 1.01 in running at every race at Kempton tonight then leave it? or would I have to manually do after each race goes off?
aligammack

At the bottom of the one-click screen you will see the unmatched bets. In that section you will see an option "keep all" buy clicking this your bet will stay active as the race goes in-play.

Hope that helps
PuntingPete

Perfect..thanks vey much.
joop123

what would be the benefit of this, surely only one bet would get taken and that would probably be the winner
nachtwacht

I waited a little hoping for someone that knows Bet Angel better than I do would jump in but so far you are out of luck so you will have to do with my opinion :D

I actualy do not think Bet Angel can do what you request.

The way I read your question, you want to place bets on all races at the same time. Then just leave your computer and come back the next day.

When you want to do it with Bet Angel you would have to do the following:

1) set up the rules you want to use for your betting. You will have to set them up in such a way that they will be placed inmediatly. (something like, if price is below 1000 then do the steps you want)
2) open up the first market you want to bet on
3) activate the rules for this market. this will place the bets. (You might get an imediate execution at this point because some runner might allready qualify for your rules)
4) In the unmatched bets area you have to click the "keep all" button. This will make sure your bets will go "in running"
5) repeat step 2/3/4 for every single market. Bet Angel only trades on a market and does not place orders over several markets at the same time.

Then also, if you use a strategy that uses greening, it will not automaticaly green for you. You will have to do that manualy. (I guess you don't need that but just in case....)

So, short answer to your question, no, it does not automatically enter bets for more than 1 races, it just works on a per race basis. You can do it before every race goes off but that will put your orders into the market before the races start.

Again, I want to repeat my message in the first line, I might be mistaking here because I am fairly new to BA but this is the way I think it will work for you.
thinlizzy

Hi and interesting comments. Just thought I would add that you need to take care of late withdrawals in races. If there are any then the keep bets are all removed. This is a safety feature because your trade may need to change but if you miss it in some cases it could be expensive although not so much a problem of losses in the scenario you mention.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”