Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started : Appears simple but is devilishly difficult.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
scottydog

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Maybe this will help but for £1 per tick I use this instead. It makes the green ticks when hedged more closer to each other. So i feel im trading almost the same odds on every selection with similar risk. A few just altered slightly

1.01 to 1.99 £100
2.00 to 2.98 £50
3.00 to 3.95 £25
4.00 to 5.9 £17.50
6.00 to 9.8 £10
10 and above £5 depend how high up on the odds you take

Lammtarra

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks Scottydog,

Haven't traded at all since my last post because of work.

Thought I'd have a go at what Dallas said now I've got an hour or so free.

Thanks for you info, I might just do that instead? I'll post something up in the next few days.

Lammtarra

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:57 am

Given up on the tick size.

I found that even though it sounded better and more logical to set a tick size and deal in ticks rather than money, in reality I found it almost impossible to record or monitor my results.

So for instance, it's alright if I use 1 stake on 1 selection, that's simple but what happens if I get out of my first trade and go in to a second selection?
What happens if I'm on a profitable trade and increase my stake as I sometimes do?

What I wanted was to be able to look back on the trade and see that I made 5 ticks or lost 5 ticks but in reality I just got in a mess with it.

I also figured that whether it's pounds, pence, ticks or shirt buttons, it will end the same way if I won't accept losses, so that is what I need to work on most of all.

I have missed a bit of trading last week because of work but reverted back to set stakes on Saturday and did fine and again yesterday, did well so at the moment, at least until the year end, I'll stick to set stakes.

My bank is now £157.19.

Lammtarra

Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:53 pm

It's all over.............

For the time being at least.

Chased losses and lost, no point going into it and no point wasting your time reading it or my time typing it.

I just thought I'd make a point of coming on here rather than vanishing so you don't have to assume that that twat blew his bank (again) you can here it from me directly, yeah I did because I don't make enough of an effort and fool myself into believing I'm on the road to riches.

I've calmed down a bit now from earlier and when I'm ready next year, I'll be back.

My world doesn't end just because I can't control myself but I must have the shortest memory known to man because I have literally been here what feels like HUNDREDS of times....I just do not learn.

Have a good break everyone, thanks for your help and assistance (pity I don't learn from it but that's my loss)

I'll be back on here when I'm ready. See ya.

andyfuller

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Remember, trading isn't for everyone.

Maybe put the time and effort into other areas as I said previously on this thread, be it your business or something else.

Good luck going forward.

to75ne

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Lammtarra wrote:

My world doesn't end just because I can't control myself but I must have the shortest memory known to man because I have literally been here what feels like HUNDREDS of times....I just do not learn.
try not to be harsh with yourself.

its not that you have a short memory or cant control yourself, its all about how your brain is wired and a life times worth of beliefs that are ingrained in your sub concious and are reinforced by everyone you are related to and know, and the world at large.

you dont have a fault in the way you think, its just your way of thinking is not best suited to trading and thats all it is (my opinion)

take a long time of off, and the best of luck

Dallas

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Good luck from me too and sorry it has nt worked out for you this time but who knows with a few months off and plenty of time to get on with other more important things in your life you may one day be in a position to return and see things from a different perspective.

In the mean time have a good and relaxed Xmas and New Year with your family and friends

All the Best

macawboy

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Good luck mate in what ever you decide to do.
I have read your posts with interest and you really tell it how it is with no bull shite thrown in.
Not easy this trading game as i am finding out, if you do decide to come back keep us posted .

LeTiss

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Don't despair Lammtarra, go and give your missus a good seeing to - that will cheer you up......and hopefully her too ;)

convoysur-2

Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:26 pm

sorry it didnt work out for u,
This guy is great i think is help for every trader,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_fx-J ... a0CV5_QHW-

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”

• Information