Stayed in any good hotels lately?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
gazuty

Caeser Augustus in Anacapri. Sensational views. The majestic sweep from Sorrento to Pompei with Vesuvius menacing in the background and across to Napoli. Sensational. Cocktail in hand, sun slowly sinking, for me this is magic.
Bluesky

gazuty wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 pm
Caeser Augustus in Anacapri. Sensational views. The majestic sweep from Sorrento to Pompei with Vesuvius menacing in the background and across to Napoli. Sensational. Cocktail in hand, sun slowly sinking, for me this is magic.
Stayed in Sorrento a couple of years ago, can't remember the name of the Hotel unfortunately. Absolutely lovely part of the world though, outstanding views, if you not yet been make sure you visit Pompei and Herculaneum (spelling).
marksmeets302

I was intrigued of course and googled for some photo's on the web. It looks absolutely amazing! I'm happy for you.

For me the best hotel I've stayed in was the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore. They have great steaks by the way.

Enjoy your cocktail 8-)
LeTiss

Wow, I'm impressed by how wordly you guys are.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the Travelodge in Preston will count. It's just down the road from Preston footy ground in Deepdale - the hotel's car park was so small I couldn't get my car into the free section, so was told to park it 10mins away at the Bus Station. I went outside to let off some steam, and asked some bird who looked like she was waiting for someone, if she could recommend anywhere else. It turns out she was a prostitute and this hotel was smack bang in a red light area.

That was a few years ago, if anybody knows Preston, I'd be interested to know if it has improved!! :lol:
to75ne

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 pm

That was a few years ago, if anybody knows Preston, I'd be interested to know if it has improved!! :lol:
No
invisiblelayer

Very wordly. I stayed in a Holiday Inn at the weekend Oxford road Manchester as was up for The National gig that night, no cocktails but took bottles of Jameson and ginger ale in to get wasted. Lovely views late at night the state of folks when hunting kebabs down, was a bit gutted I'd gone with the missus and not a mate by this time.

The missus pointed out a balloon the cleaners had missed behind the curtain but still good for me as a decent nights sleep 10/10. Wasn't impressed with the breakfast or the espresso on offer in the morning mind but still a good hotel.
invisiblelayer

BTW I love Italy, Rome being my favourite as have friends there. Best pizza ever from Naples but suppose many avoid Naples itself when that way, this place being my favourite https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... pania.html
workpeter

We stayed in a remote B&B a little while ago in the peak district. Lovely place with lots of great walks nearby.

It's the house at the far end of the field.
https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/10 ... 3756017938
stueytrader

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 pm
Wow, I'm impressed by how wordly you guys are.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the Travelodge in Preston will count. It's just down the road from Preston footy ground in Deepdale - the hotel's car park was so small I couldn't get my car into the free section, so was told to park it 10mins away at the Bus Station. I went outside to let off some steam, and asked some bird who looked like she was waiting for someone, if she could recommend anywhere else. It turns out she was a prostitute and this hotel was smack bang in a red light area.

That made me :lol:

I worked just outside Preston once for about 6 months - can pretty soundly say Preston was (maybe is) the biggest dive I've ever had the pleasure of walking around....the whole place looked like a bus station, and a dirty one at that.

Return to “Chill Out Area”