Russia

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
BetScalper

Was watching news night and it was suggested that after the WorldCup Russia is going to target the city of London financially and cripple it.

This would obviously cripple the country and cause chaos in company share prices.

if such a thing were to happen, what do people think the UK's response would be, press the big red button or ?
ShaunWhite

I watched Newsnight and didn't see anything?
Was it on Fox News? :) Cripple it how exactly?

Any cyber attack on the city wouldn't affect share prices for any length of time because they're based on fundamentals and all major investment houses can operate from satellite locations. We'd do DR testing twice a year from a 'secret' location. It became standard practice after 911.

They certainly couldn't pose any economic risk by dumping currency because they have all the economic might of a rice pudding right now.

I'm not sure why you say it would 'obviously' cripple the country. I certainly don't think that we'd commit suicide just because the market had a wobble.

I wouldn't start stocking your shelter with baked beans just yet.
Derek27

They might cripple the country with novichok!
whimsies

I never know why people want to eat baked beans when in a sealed shelter :mrgreen:
ShaunWhite

whimsies wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:56 am
I never know why people want to eat baked beans when in a sealed shelter :mrgreen:
Biogas production, didn't you wonder what that tubing was for ? :shock:
BetScalper

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:29 am
I watched Newsnight and didn't see anything?
Was it on Fox News? :) Cripple it how exactly?

Any cyber attack on the city wouldn't affect share prices for any length of time because they're based on fundamentals and all major investment houses can operate from satellite locations. We'd do DR testing twice a year from a 'secret' location. It became standard practice after 911.

They certainly couldn't pose any economic risk by dumping currency because they have all the economic might of a rice pudding right now.

I'm not sure why you say it would 'obviously' cripple the country. I certainly don't think that we'd commit suicide just because the market had a wobble.

I wouldn't start stocking your shelter with baked beans just yet.
It was on Monday night and yes a sustained cyber attack.
Korattt

I've been to Russia, just for the day, in fact it was 10 years ago this week

Return to “Chill Out Area”