Financials

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
BetScalper

Was listening to a guy from the FT at the weekend about London and the EU.

He cannot believe they are worrying about the Irish border when London controls the bond, debt and derivatives markets.

If there were to be no deal then EU governments would not have access to these markets causing other stock markets, company's, pension funds and governments to go bankrupt overnight.

He can't believe its not the number one issue on everyone's to do list.

Wonder what would happen to BF.

Scary....
Derek27

In my opinion the effect of Brexit is, and always has been, completely unpredictable, but generally people are looking at the 'what ifs' and worse-case scenarios, which is understandable.

Let's hope they all don't materialise or else we're all completely doomed, I believe the horse racing industry will be wiped out. :o
Lucacrebbe

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:27 pm

He cannot believe they are worrying about the Irish border when London controls the bond, debt and derivatives markets.

If there were to be no deal then EU governments would not have access to these markets causing other stock markets, company's, pension funds and governments to go bankrupt overnight.

Scary....

It will be so cool if BF closed. There is no f***k way to access to this market, it has restriced the 80% of the world from its exange, but it has always the best liquidity of all other exanges... that is because (in my opinion) people reach betfair trought fake accounts and fake bill statment

Anyway if you want my opinion, in the future is very likely an Ethereum/whatever smart contract platform wil be used also for Betting exange with an international liquidity. Due to the decentralized nature of this future type of exange, NO ONE will be aut from it. (Decentralized autonomous Organization DAO)
BetScalper

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:03 pm
BetScalper wrote:

Scary....

It will be so cool if BF closed. There is no f***k way to access to this market, it has restriced the 80% of the world from its exange, but it has always the best liquidity of all other exanges... that is because (in my opinion) people reach betfair trought fake accounts and fake bill statment

Anyway if you want my opinion, in the future is very likely an Ethereum/whatever smart contract platform wil be used also for Betting exange with an international liquidity. Due to the decentralized nature of this future type of exange, NO ONE will be aut from it. (Decentralized autonomous Organization DAO)
WTF ?
Lucacrebbe

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:16 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
BetScalper wrote:

Scary....

WTF ?

I was quoting the message about betfair and sharing an opinion about how will most likley be the future exanges, it's off topic tought
Kafkaesque

Lucacrebbe wrote:
It will be so cool if BF closed.
I'm sure the helpful responses to your trillion questions will go through the roof now :roll:
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Especially if it was just after your move to a non restricted country to use it?

It's not Betfair's fault if you're messing about with a tiny exchange and it's 5 customers. The reason Betfair UK is bigger and better? 20 years of investment and commitment. If you have a complaint to make, it should be to Betfair.it
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
I'm jealous of blokes with attractive girlfriends - but not to the point that I would wish for, or rejoice in, a relationship breakup!

If Betfair shut down, wouldn't that end your dream of getting an account, betting €10,000, and what would be the subject of your next barrage of questions?
Last edited by Derek27 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Especially if it was just after your move to a non restricted country to use it?
:lol:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 pm
It's not Betfair's fault if you're messing about with a tiny exchange and it's 5 customers. The reason Betfair UK is bigger and better? 20 years of investment and commitment. If you have a complaint to make, it should be to Betfair.it
I thought, or perhaps assumed, that Betfair aren't licensed to accept cross-boarder bets placed in Italy, so it might be an issue with the Italian Government?
Kafkaesque

Yeah, it's completely ringfenced by law (the last time I checked), just as is the case with their poker sites. Although there was some talk of merging ringfenced Italy, Spain and a few others at one point. Rumour is that those closed arenas with only Italian and Spanish are the softest money ever in poker, if you set aside morale, and more importantly laws, to sneak in. Come to think about it, maybe we shoul petition to get those Italians allowed into the "main" exchange :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”