Any runners/rowers out there?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
sweetybt

Hi Andy,

Yes concept 2 is the machine to use and the only one all rowing clubs have. I think you are in the Notts area, I used to row on the Trent from the back of the city ground, and have spent many an hour on a C2 while being shouted at, I also ran the Notts half marathon a few years back.

Rowing is a great indoor low impact option when the weather is bad or the old joints start to complain.

I might do the Brussels half in October as well as I live down the road in Luxembourg.

sorry I don't post more often here as I barely get the time to read half the posts let alone reply.

I am going on parental leave in July so hopefully will have more time, although I very much doubt it.

cheers

sweets
mikesalter

I agree that the C2 is the best having used one at the gym but was put off by the cost for home use. I bought a tunturi air rower for considerably less. Not saying it is as good but it works just fine. The data isnt as good either. I struggle with non air rowers because I tend to be worried about breaking them because can rip into it if in a bit of a mood (I can row 347 metres in a 1 min burn on a C2) and am more than happy with mine.
andyfuller

sweetybt wrote:I think you are in the Notts area, I used to row on the Trent from the back of the city ground, and have spent many an hour on a C2 while being shouted at, I also ran the Notts half marathon a few years back.
Hi mate, you are right, I do live near Nottingham but I prefer the otherside of the Trent to the City side ;)
sweetybt wrote:Rowing is a great indoor low impact option when the weather is bad or the old joints start to complain.
I have decided to go ahead and buy one and wish I had it today as it is chucking it down outside, so as a fair weather runner/biker I won't be able to venture out today :(
sweetybt wrote:I might do the Brussels half in October as well as I live down the road in Luxembourg.
If you end up doing it let me know. I haven't entered yet but plan to soon once I figure out whether to fly or get the Eurotunnel.
andyfuller

mikesalter wrote:I agree that the C2 is the best having used one at the gym but was put off by the cost for home use. I bought a tunturi air rower for considerably less. Not saying it is as good but it works just fine. The data isnt as good either.
Cheers for the input, I only just heard of the Tunturi make last night when over at my sister house who is married to a Fin. I was telling him about my plan to buy a rower and he said about the Finnish company Tunturi - so I am going to look into their rowers today.
andyfuller

Cheers for all the input - I got my new Concept 2 rower this morning and set it up. It is bigger than I was expecting but thats no issue. It seems very sturdy and I am sure will last me a lifetime.

Going to spend sometime trying to get my technique right before I do any serious workouts on it, but in the future I am up for giving some fellow traders a race online :D

Once again thanks for all the input :!:

Return to “Chill Out Area”