Thanks to Peter

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
kingsmark

I lack the aptitude and focus to be a serious trader, but over the past 10 years or so I have been searching for an edge. My occasional steps forwards have repeatedly been negated by more steps backwards, making an overall loss from my efforts. However, I continue in belief that the tide will turn.

I have watched many Bet Angel videos, more out of interest than any expectation of an answer to this conundrum. Recently I tried an idea suggested by Peter, which appears to be the last piece of the jigsaw. Early days, but enough repeated successes say this approach has legs. I will settle for consistent modest returns.

So, a big thanks to Peter and the wonderful Bet Angel software.
spreadbetting

kingsmark wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:38 pm
I will settle for consistent modest returns.

In general consistent modest returns are the only way to maintain long term profits from trading.
Derek27

Very true. Greed is probably the downfall of many, otherwise talented traders and bettors.
eightbo

I am curious to hear more of your story; have you previously found things that worked for a period of time?
Given you think you "lack the aptitude and focus for serious trading", have you considered basic automation strategies such as offering value bets?
Euler

kingsmark wrote:
So, a big thanks to Peter and the wonderful Bet Angel software.
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and thanks. The team and I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing people progress.
kingsmark

@eightbo

You can teach a new dog old tricks ...

I just do not have the time or inclination to learn new tactics. Exploring the scope and boundaries of my much improved method will be a sufficient challenge.

Markets and trading are a demanding subject at competitive level. However, I think the biggest hurdle is not technical stuff, but finding discipline to follow the same methodical routine, whether winning or losing. Keeping a record of personal results is the best way to understand failings and find improvements.

As others point out, greed is the downfall of so many capable traders. I would rather enjoy regular profit, than chase growing losses, having some experience of both.
Korattt

kingsmark wrote:
Recently I tried an idea suggested by Peter, which appears to be the last piece of the jigsaw.

Early days, but enough repeated successes say this approach has legs.
I agree, there has been a couple of videos recently which have been very, very useful for me & dovetail quite nicely together. My thanks also go out to PW & the BA team.

Keep it green folks..📈📉

Return to “Chill Out Area”