Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Euler

I moved house last year and have spent most of this summer exploring local routes on my bike. Would have paid more if I'd realised just how good a terrain I have here to explore and cycle around. I've really enjoyed this summer.
Abraquay

You used the Strava app at all? Found it really useful for tracking my rides and if you have a competitive nature you can compare
times against your mates.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:58 am
Before this turns into 'frustrated old man corner'.... :roll:

My happy corner this weekend was on the A158 Screenshot_11.png

This hot weather has made the roads nice and sticky and with a set of worn tyres on the bike it's been a great weekend for recording some green sectors. ;) Back riding after an 8yr break and it feels like being at home again.
Struggling to walk at the moment with my hammer toe, running's out of the question, might be a good time to get a bicycle. Used to enjoy riding London to Brighton every Sunday when I lived down there, though I'd take my time and have a sit-down lunch.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:37 pm
might be a good time to get a bicycle. Used to enjoy riding London to Brighton every Sunday when I lived down there, though I'd take my time and have a sit-down lunch.
If I'd ridden a bicycle from London to Brighton I'd have had to get the train back.... Then have a week off to recover. You do know they come with engines these days? :)
Derek27

Yeah, I'd get a train back as I'd be knackered at the finish. Nice picturesque route along the B2036.
Euler

Abraquay wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:37 am
You used the Strava app at all? Found it really useful for tracking my rides and if you have a competitive nature you can compare
Y, I use Stava, it's really helpful for finding routes and pushing yourself.

Thank fully you can set targets by age group. My wife is happy now as she gets an alert when I'm out and about and she can track my progress or see if I've crashed again.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:13 pm
Abraquay wrote:

Thank fully you can set targets by age group. My wife is happy now as she gets an alert when I'm out and about and she can track my progress or see if I've crashed again.
Nothing like a dip in a canal on a hot summers day :)
ruthlessimon

Abraquay wrote:
You used the Strava app?
Euler wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:13 pm
4th July, still hurts......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Time to take a day off trading. :D
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:47 pm
I've spent enough time on the rant thread so I thought I'd start a thread for happier news.

Opened my front door at 11:30am just to empty my outdoor ashtray, and was greeted by the sight of a drunken bird, very short black dress, no knickers, bending over to pick up her mobile and cigarettes, only to drop them again and bend over to pick them up again. :D

It took me a long time to empty that ashtray. :lol:
The page count on this one and on the rant corner is telling me, you need to move Derek :)

To an area with more hot women and less knobheads to complain about :lol:
Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 am
1&2) My perfect market is where you can lay a horse at 4.1, back it a split-second later at 4.3 and repeat the process. It's like having an orgasm. ;)
As is this. If a price movement is doing this to you, then I kinda feel like, you might be doing that thing which leads to orgasms wrong :lol: Or back the moving thing, the women aren't hot enough ;)

Soooooorry, couldn't help myself. I feel confident you can handle it Derek :D
Atho55

Very apt that this thread suddenly appears today.

Despite drinking enough booze to fill an oil tanker I have miraculously reached the the legal age to be a "grumpy old git" today, 65. Enjoy yourselves as I will....
Anbell

Happy Birthday!

I too was happy to see this thread today!
Kafkaesque

Last night I put the final touches on my first, serious, attempt at writing a novel. One last read-through and I'm off to the publisher races (no such thing as needing an agent before going to publishers here in Denmark).

No matter the outcome from here, there's a very different happy corner feeling to it, compared to the momentary/incremental world of trading, in finishing something that's been months and months in the making.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:22 am
Time to take a day off trading. :D
Why Derek?!? It looks kind of chilly outside :?

And the trend on it looks like it's taking the turn for the worse!!! :o
Derek27

Atho55 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:25 am
Very apt that this thread suddenly appears today.

Despite drinking enough booze to fill an oil tanker I have miraculously reached the the legal age to be a "grumpy old git" today, 65. Enjoy yourselves as I will....
Happy birthday Atho55. I can't even remember how old I was when I became a grumpy old git. :)

Return to “Chill Out Area”