RIP - Kenny Rogers

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
PDC

He has folded his final card.

RIP - Kenny Rogers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo

:cry:
Dallas

Just waking up to this sad news, I really like country and westen music and this will be a great loss for it.
MemphisFlash

yes me too, love country and rockabilly.
Loved Coward of the county and Ruby when i was a kid
Derek27

Never liked country much until I started hearing his tracks played on the radio. :(
LeTiss

It appears I am not alone in wrongly thinking he sung Rhinestone Cowboy
MemphisFlash

that was Glen Campbell
ShaunWhite

It's a shame. First memories of him was being played by Terry Wogan almost everyday while I was having my brekky before school.
ShaunWhite

Roy Hudd passed too. Not quite the same legendary status but another who was part my childhood..

"I hear Marks and Spencer's are changing their name.... if they can find the original receipt"... Guess it's the way you tell them but it was gentler humour from gentler times.
Derek27

I looked up The Gambler on wiki. The song was written by Don Schlitz, it took him a long time to get it in the media and it wasn't until Kenny Rogers got behind the mic that it became a massive hit. What really strikes me about the lyrics is that, perhaps inadvertently, they have an uncanny truth to real gambling and trading.

Knowing when to walk or run relates to stop-losses, letting bets run and chasing losses. Not looking at your P/L during an afternoons trading is advice often repeated on here. And every steam or drift (or transaction on Betfair) is definitely a winner and a loser. :)

Return to “Chill Out Area”