Noisy neighbours

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
firlandsfarm

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:25 pm
If I hear someone's car/house alarm going on incessantly I always consider going round to put their windows thru :x
… and set their alarm off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Korattt

spreadbetting wrote:
I feel for you Korattt, any unnecessary noise soon starts to grate on you after a while, guess that's one of the problems of working from home. If I hear someone's car/house alarm going on incessantly I always consider going round to put their windows thru :x

Are they tenants? Any chance of getting their landlord involved?
AFAIK, I may be wrong on this one but I’m pretty sure he lives there buck shee courtesy of his Lordy father buying his house for him, not only that I’m sure the car he drives, sorry.. lends out also also gifted to him, a 911 4s I believe, here it is parked outside his gaff, total piss take of a neighbour
7E913372-02EB-4D37-9647-AE494EC40CEA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:40 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
If I hear someone's car/house alarm going on incessantly I always consider going round to put their windows thru :x
… and set their alarm off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
he’s deaf
spreadbetting

Korattt wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:49 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
I feel for you Korattt, any unnecessary noise soon starts to grate on you after a while, guess that's one of the problems of working from home. If I hear someone's car/house alarm going on incessantly I always consider going round to put their windows thru :x

Are they tenants? Any chance of getting their landlord involved?
AFAIK, I may be wrong on this one but I’m pretty sure he lives there buck shee courtesy of his Lordy father buying his house for him, not only that I’m sure the car he drives, sorry.. lends out also also gifted to him, a 911 4s I believe, here it is parked outside his gaff, total piss take of a neighbour

7E913372-02EB-4D37-9647-AE494EC40CEA.jpeg
Might be worth spending £3 on a land reg search see who owns the property.
Kai

One good thing about living under a bridge is you don't have any neighbors, and the occasional hobo is usually a nice quiet guy that sticks to his bottle.
neilb

Perhaps the fact that if you google the adoptive father's name this thread is now the top result might get some response. :)
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:03 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:20 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:46 pm

ECT is still used as a treatment - including in the UK
Wow didn't know that, thx.... . So, 240v to the fence it is then and the troubles should soon be over..... One way or another.
250 volts won't be enough. Perhaps this is what he needs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Telephone
You need DC, not AC to make sure! :-)
Crazyskier

to75ne wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 pm
give him er slap, that should shut him up.
Sigh. This childish and violent mentality really makes me sad. Violence is NEVER the answer to any annoyances or abuse, no matter how awful or frustrating the situation can be. To condone and even recommend violence as the answer is shocking and you should be ashamed of yourself, Tone. I'd wrongly assumed the '75' referred to your year of birth, but evidently you are still pubescent to suggest use of such casual and criminal violence.

As Shaun mentions, the implications of striking someone are anything but going to 'shut him up'. And could end up with very severe consequences. Koratt, Have you tried talking to him very assertively, being really clear what he's doing that affects you and why and what you expect to change going forwards. It's always hard to give advice for dispute resolution at a distance, but trying to get the offender to agree to change his behaviour has always to be the goal. Good luck.

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
to75ne wrote:
Sigh. This childish and violent mentality really makes me sad. Violence is NEVER the answer to any annoyances or abuse, no matter how awful or frustrating the situation can be. To condone and even recommend violence as the answer is shocking and you should be ashamed of yourself, Tone. I'd wrongly assumed the '75' referred to your year of birth, but evidently you are still pubescent to suggest use of such casual and criminal violence.
CS
Think it was said tongue in cheek CS, nobody is expecting the OP to kick the fella's door in and go all Quentin Tarantino on him.

Crazyskier wrote:
Violence is NEVER the answer to any annoyances or abuse, no matter how awful or frustrating the situation can be.
Agree with the first part but as for abuse, it depends on the type of abuse and what kind of 'justice' or lack there of a victim receives.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
to75ne wrote:

As Shaun mentions, the implications of striking someone are anything but going to 'shut him up'. And could end up with very severe consequences. Koratt, Have you tried talking to him very assertively, being really clear what he's doing that affects you and why and what you expect to change going forwards. It's always hard to give advice for dispute resolution at a distance, but trying to get the offender to agree to change his behaviour has always to be the goal. Good luck.

CS
Notwithstanding the fact that he may have been half-serious or tongue in cheek, I really don't see the difference between a physical attack and attacking somebody's mental health with constant loud music. In fact, the latter may be even worse. By all means, try and resolve the issue peacefully if possible. There have been instances where the victim of noise resolved the issue by blowing the antagonist's brains out with a sawn-off shotgun, before pleading not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility. :)
Korattt

yes, both me & the missus talk to him as you would, say hi to him when we see him, be polite etc.. basically treat him as if there’s no problem as you would anyone else as neighbours..

a bit of background, quite by chance I used to work with his brother who’s now settled down overseas with family, so I’ve got to know our neighbour on the back of this,

The neighbour in question knocked round one Saturday night, seemed a little odd (“on edge”) but politely advised that the music may be a little loud that particular night & that it would be a one off, ok I thought, fair enough, benefit of the doubt & all that & to be fair it wasn’t that bad, tolerable til just after midnight.. happy days, but the following Sunday night it was unbearable to the degree that I had to involve the local council again,

In the past we’ve both got to know his parents & they have kindly given us their numbers, (both live away) in case any further episodes raised their head, his mum gave me the details of who I could contact care wise should the need arise, she even gave me the spare key to watch over his house, on one of his wobblies he threw something out of his kitchen window breaking it, I advised his mum & repaired his kitchen blind & repaired the boundary fence between us when we had severe winds early this year to which he just watched ?!? 😡🤦🏻‍♂️

Had to hand the key back as I wasn’t being responsible for his care & repair services when he kept us awake with his music again so the council was contacted, why should I be relied upon when I get paid back like that?

We have done all we can to be decent neighbours, we’d do anything for anybody in our cul de sac, but to be reciprocated like this just takes the piss, the ironic thing is is that he has family & I don’t (apart from the missus) yet seem relied upon to watch over him, now he goes off on one about interfering with his family, when they’re the ones to give us their details?,

... what do you do?, probably the answer is not to have got involved in the first place but I’ve always been a firm believer in helping out those less fortunate than you, seems it may have backfired in this case?
Last edited by Korattt on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
to75ne

Crazyskier wrote:
to75ne wrote:

CS
i would disagree violence is often effective, the number is a door.
Korattt

here we go again :roll:
Korattt

won’t be on here or in the markets for a while guys, had a bit of a mental breakdown at work recently over this & other stuff, (another long story that I won’t bother you with), off work with stress & anxiety, neighbour hasn’t been that kind towards me on Social Media which really hasn’t helped, totally knocked my confidence & ability this situation has, actually feeling quite down with it all, in the early process of therapy, may be a while

1A0432C9-2960-437E-BF98-EFE5EA53C95B.jpeg

all the best, hopefully speak soon

Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Korattt wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 am
won’t be on here or in the markets for a while guys, had a bit of a mental breakdown at work recently over this & other stuff, (another long story that I won’t bother you with), off work with stress & anxiety, neighbour hasn’t been that kind towards me on Social Media which really hasn’t helped, totally knocked my confidence & ability this situation has, actually feeling quite down with it all, in the early process of therapy, may be a while

1A0432C9-2960-437E-BF98-EFE5EA53C95B.jpeg

all the best, hopefully speak soon

Andy
Sorry to hear that Andy, some people just love arguing/confrontation like your neighbour seems to. The markets aren't going anywhere and your mental health is definitely the most important thing right now, get better soon!

Return to “Chill Out Area”