Noisy neighbours

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Korattt

yes, both me & the missus talk to him as you would, say hi to him when we see him, be polite etc.. basically treat him as if there’s no problem as you would anyone else as neighbours..

a bit of background, quite by chance I used to work with his brother who’s now settled down overseas with family, so I’ve got to know our neighbour on the back of this,

The neighbour in question knocked round one Saturday night, seemed a little odd (“on edge”) but politely advised that the music may be a little loud that particular night & that it would be a one off, ok I thought, fair enough, benefit of the doubt & all that & to be fair it wasn’t that bad, tolerable til just after midnight.. happy days, but the following Sunday night it was unbearable to the degree that I had to involve the local council again,

In the past we’ve both got to know his parents & they have kindly given us their numbers, (both live away) in case any further episodes raised their head, his mum gave me the details of who I could contact care wise should the need arise, she even gave me the spare key to watch over his house, on one of his wobblies he threw something out of his kitchen window breaking it, I advised his mum & repaired his kitchen blind & repaired the boundary fence between us when we had severe winds early this year to which he just watched ?!? 😡🤦🏻‍♂️

Had to hand the key back as I wasn’t being responsible for his care & repair services when he kept us awake with his music again so the council was contacted, why should I be relied upon when I get paid back like that?

We have done all we can to be decent neighbours, we’d do anything for anybody in our cul de sac, but to be reciprocated like this just takes the piss, the ironic thing is is that he has family & I don’t (apart from the missus) yet seem relied upon to watch over him, now he goes off on one about interfering with his family, when they’re the ones to give us their details?,

... what do you do?, probably the answer is not to have got involved in the first place but I’ve always been a firm believer in helping out those less fortunate than you, seems it may have backfired in this case?
Last edited by Korattt on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
to75ne

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
to75ne wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 pm
give him er slap, that should shut him up.
Sigh. This childish and violent mentality really makes me sad. Violence is NEVER the answer to any annoyances or abuse, no matter how awful or frustrating the situation can be. To condone and even recommend violence as the answer is shocking and you should be ashamed of yourself, Tone. I'd wrongly assumed the '75' referred to your year of birth, but evidently you are still pubescent to suggest use of such casual and criminal violence.

As Shaun mentions, the implications of striking someone are anything but going to 'shut him up'. And could end up with very severe consequences. Koratt, Have you tried talking to him very assertively, being really clear what he's doing that affects you and why and what you expect to change going forwards. It's always hard to give advice for dispute resolution at a distance, but trying to get the offender to agree to change his behaviour has always to be the goal. Good luck.

CS
i would disagree violence is often effective, the number is a door.
Korattt

here we go again :roll:
Korattt

won’t be on here or in the markets for a while guys, had a bit of a mental breakdown at work recently over this & other stuff, (another long story that I won’t bother you with), off work with stress & anxiety, neighbour hasn’t been that kind towards me on Social Media which really hasn’t helped, totally knocked my confidence & ability this situation has, actually feeling quite down with it all, in the early process of therapy, may be a while

1A0432C9-2960-437E-BF98-EFE5EA53C95B.jpeg

all the best, hopefully speak soon

Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Korattt wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 am
won’t be on here or in the markets for a while guys, had a bit of a mental breakdown at work recently over this & other stuff, (another long story that I won’t bother you with), off work with stress & anxiety, neighbour hasn’t been that kind towards me on Social Media which really hasn’t helped, totally knocked my confidence & ability this situation has, actually feeling quite down with it all, in the early process of therapy, may be a while

1A0432C9-2960-437E-BF98-EFE5EA53C95B.jpeg

all the best, hopefully speak soon

Andy
Sorry to hear that Andy, some people just love arguing/confrontation like your neighbour seems to. The markets aren't going anywhere and your mental health is definitely the most important thing right now, get better soon!
The Silk Run

I concur with naffman and do hope you find solace soon. It must be terrible, and your so brave to share this personal information with us all.
I will say a little prayer for you ;)
Korattt

appreciate the kind comments, what with one thing & another I just snapped at work a fortnight ago, totally fell apart, embarrassingly broke down in tears, been doing the blokey thing & trying to keep a lid on stuff but of late my time in the markets have suffered, (badly) so I really do need to step away for the foreseeable
Kai

Incredibly brave forum post, hope you feel better soon Korattt.

Needless to say it's been a stressful few weeks in general, or a few years actually, have to find ways to unwind and relax to try and balance it all out. Maybe look into ASMR for anxiety etc, I see a lot of younger people use it for these purposes.
Korattt

first behaviour therapy session was Friday, ½ hour of being quizzed (on the phone - WTF?), asking me if I’m gonna end my life, thinking about it, ever thought about it, have I stored anything in order to carry it out or self harm.. now if they’re gonna ask those sort of questions wouldn’t you have thought, (or is it me?) that they should’ve been asked maybe when I first asked for help a fortnight ago, when I broke down & asked for help? next session is in a MONTHS time, is there any wonder why suicide & self harm rates are so high 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️, all therapy sessions from what I gather I think are done via phone, which I find odd.

I have emailed the therapist in an effort to expedite things, to which I’m awaiting a response, work messaged me earlier this morning to see if I’m going back to work Monday, 🙄

.. and then there’s the issue of when I was assaulted visiting a relative, (my only last remaining relative) in hospital, been getting flashbacks now of being head butted, landing heavily on the floor, (which hasn’t helped), it knocked me out for a few mins but ever since my job changed at work without training it’s kind of triggered things off, ain’t it weird how the brain works?, as mentioned, been trying to keep busy hiding it away etc, but just couldn’t for any longer.

.. anyway guy who attacked me is my uncles boyfriend, uncle now doesn’t talk to me ‘cos he now knows I know he’s homosexual & I don’t think he believes me I was attacked by his boyfriend who saved his life via CPR after a heart attack & we clashed upon visiting on the same day, didn’t know they were in a relationship until I had to fetch stuff to take to the hospital.. total headf*#%, there’s no immediate family, well no one at all if I’m honest to mediate if you will to help explain things to him, would make a great storyline for any soap what I’ve had to endure recently,

as for me being brave?, no.. those poor people fighting for the cause in Ukraine?, now THAT’S brave 🇺🇦.

Sob story over 😩
iambic_pentameter

As someone who has suffered from mental health issues in the past, I just wanted to say that I'm glad you've sought help.

At my lowest, I was that anxious about everything that I was retching most mornings before getting up, spent most of the time feeling nauseous and was unable to live the house - a combination of generalised anxiety and agoraphobia.

Thanks to some CBT from the NHS (all sessions done by phone) and a regular meditation practice, I am now recovered and enjoying life with no issues.

It will take time, Andy, but you will get through this - the most important part is to be kind to yourself.

Take care,

Iambic
Korattt

Iambic,

That’s good to hear you’ve turned things around, pleased for you, I really am, well done 👍🏻

I feel as if my head needs a reboot 🤯, like I’ve emotions severed in my brain with stuff, the best way I think I can describe it is that half my emotions are under water & the other half are waving about in the wind, for a brief moment they connect, for a spilt second I’m ok then everything just falls apart again, the thing is none of this is of my own doing, it’s all been outside of my control, which is the annoying thing about it, if I’ve done something wrong then ok.. I’d hold my hands up & admit it’s down to me, but it hasn’t 😩
iambic_pentameter

From reading your posts, you've been through a lot and it's understandable that the build up of everything has caused you to feel the way you do now.

You mentioned that your work emailed you about going back, can you talk to your GP and get signed off for a few weeks?

7/11 breathing can be helpful to reduce anxiety; it's not a quick fix but it does work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQJDW-i ... l=MDUVideo

Iambic
Korattt

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:58 pm
You mentioned that your work emailed you about going back, can you talk to your GP and get signed off for a few weeks?

Iambic
I would imagine so, (certainly hope so anyway) because nothing has changed, the issue(s) have not been addressed, the first session proper is at the moment next month
Korattt

last night neighbour was at it again, woke us both up & kept us awake, we had to go round there again in an effort to ask him to turn it down, had to go out for a half hour drive to calm down just after 11pm, 🤯, enough is enough now, not holding my breath but contacted police on the grounds of harassment as nothings changed & refused his PACE interview with the council a month ago, annoyingly council was due to install recording equipment Monday but she was on leave, she forgot - & emailed to rearrange next week.. +%^*ing typical
greenmark

Korattt wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:44 pm
last night neighbour was at it again, woke us both up & kept us awake, we had to go round there again in an effort to ask him to turn it down, had to go out for a half hour drive to calm down just after 11pm, 🤯, enough is enough now, not holding my breath but contacted police on the grounds of harassment as nothings changed & refused his PACE interview with the council a month ago, annoyingly council was due to install recording equipment Monday but she was on leave, she forgot - & emailed to rearrange next week.. +%^*ing typical
Hang in there. I think you're doing all the correct things. His family should be dealing with it and have dumped the problem in your lap. Maybe they can't handle him either. I'm surprised there isn't a solicitor, policeperson or council person here that can say do XYZ. I had noisy neighbours and it's SO annoying that someone can be so selfish and dismissive of your peace and quiet. As I say hang in there.

Return to “Chill Out Area”