Stuff to watch

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:48 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:39 pm
Refinished a couple in nitro cellulose too for something to do.
now your talking -lol. the beauty of automation, talk guitar shite all day
Quite a few years ago when I discovered the Japanese guitars sold for a pittance on Yahoo Japan, their version of ebay, I did think about giving up the trading and simply flipping guitars. The Japanese seem to have a thng for only getting new so their high end guitars were going for a pittance, only problem was I could never let them go :) Even their mid range or supposedly lower end stuff put Gibson quality control to shame.
can't quite bring myself to buying a PRS, even tho they scream quality control!! weird that
spreadbetting

I was talking more of the copies the Japanese churned out in the late 80's onwards. Gibson even commissioned them to make models under the Orville brand as no one was buying the Gibsons they were buying the Greco and Navigators instead. I've one of the Orville By Gibson 57B's didn't see any point keeping my Gibson customs after I got it, they even have the USA Gibson '57 Classic pickups for purists like yourself Jim.. Can't see any reason why people would buy a PRS either.

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-an ... index.html
jimibt

i know this is boring for nayone else and totally OT, so will end on this. i've now stopped hoarding guitars that i don't actively play and likewise, don't buy if i can't sell one. i got to the stage (maybe like you) of having no justification (or storage space) to keep this going.

happily now just have 3 acoustics and the 4 menntioned earlier (tho there are a few under various beds thqat COULD be upgraded -sh!t, here we go again :))

happy days - might finish in a bit to actually do a bit of playing... as they say at my age:

As I get older I find I only need 3 Shops: Specsavers, Boots and Greggs

My life is just specs and drugs and sausage rolls...
spreadbetting

Haven't got to that stage yet, Jim, probably have about 20 stuck on walls and under beds at the moment. Even bought a Jaguar off eBay during lockdown for something to spend my money on and see if I liked them. I didn't ,they're a real pain to keep in tune. Looks nice on the wall though :)
Trader Pat

jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:44 pm
i know this is boring for nayone else and totally OT, so will end on this. i've now stopped hoarding guitars that i don't actively play and likewise, don't buy if i can't sell one. i got to the stage (maybe like you) of having no justification (or storage space) to keep this going.

happily now just have 3 acoustics and the 4 menntioned earlier (tho there are a few under various beds thqat COULD be upgraded -sh!t, here we go again :))

happy days - might finish in a bit to actually do a bit of playing... as they say at my age:

Unfortunately I don't have a collection of percussion instruments so cant give the last line the respect it deserves! :)
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:59 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a collection of percussion instruments so cant give the last line the respect it deserves! :)
ahh yes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jv_XR6RMAI
Trader Pat

Thats the one!
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:27 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm

if you want to do a pretty cheap but spectacular pickup change (that imho sound as good as throbaks at 1/10th the price), then check out these super cheap pups.

http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_pickups_006.htm

I put them into a 73 LP during lockdown - HUGE improvement...
I'm looking for somewhere to stick my 1980 Dirty Fingers, they might be a bit mild, Jim. I've far too many guitars at the moment, had a phase a few years back where I got into the Japanese 80/90's copies Greco's , Yamaha's Orville's etc need to trim th herd before buying more toys.
I always find fiddling with them is a lot more pleasurable than sitting down to play them, that just reminds me how rubbish I am, still.

My Tele is having its 50th birthday soon and I've promised her I'll find someone to give her the fingering she deserves ;). I remember taking it into a shop once for something or other, the guy sat down and made it sound like a million dollars. Handed it back to me and I might as well have had 6 elastic bands around a shoebox.
got a 7 elastic band gizmo sitting here doing nothing - willing to swap :D
Dallas

David Blaine latest stunt was to hold onto a load of helium filled balloons taken up over 24'000 feet while putting a parachute on half way up to use for his decent!

Full event was streamed on YT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLtzvgKHu6w
jimibt

ruthlessimon

Can maths tell us how to win at Fantasy Football?

https://youtu.be/LzEuweGrHvc

I'm only 10mins in; but I'm luvin' it :ugeek: (let's hope the guy stays off betfair though lol)
johnsheppard

WhereTheFoxHat posted this in a recent thread. I watched it. Found it interesting. Mostly the guy talking about psychology. It's a fundamentally important thing to trading well imo...

The financial brain of the London City. - Docu 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-7A9aosw0

Watching that lead me to this.
The winner effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asGZlHxsLY8

I suspect the winning effect guy (Ian robertson) is probably more well known than I realise, but I think it's helpful to know about when you are struggling, or ... not struggling... if you're struggling, probably good to take on a tomato can... :)
Trader Pat

There's a documentary on BBC4 tonight about the Palio, definitely worth a watch

Anyone who doesn't know what the Palio is : https://youtu.be/nnRr3kFmsWQ

pazzi italiani!! :D
jamesg46

The Social Dilema (Netflix)

"The only two industries that call their customers users is Drugs & Social Media" not the exact quote but close enough.
Korattt

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:56 pm
The Social Dilema (Netflix)

"The only two industries that call their customers users is Drugs & Social Media" not the exact quote but close enough.
watched that over the weekend James, quite pleasantly surprised that it was actually the missus that wanted to watch it.. she has gone up a notch in my estimation

watched documentary on Paul Gascoinge last night, total genius of a footballer, didn’t know he lost a couple of close friends, one at quite an early age, would have loved for him to play for United, and to think I think he would’ve done had his sister not wanted a frigging sunbed

Return to “Chill Out Area”