My Own Excel linked to BA

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
StellaBot

Is there a way to link my own ,rather than other BA members excel sheets to betfair
I am aware some people wont answer.
edit
Might create more liquidity
sa7med

Yes of course, just name your sheets "Bet Angel", "Bet Angel (2)",.....,"Bet Angel (x)" to correspond to the markets from guardian.
StellaBot

Thanks Sa7med

prob what I need is a simple online course on data capture.
EG cell A1 has name of horse and cell B1 has back price
Any ideas anyone?
spreadbetting

StellaBot wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm
Thanks Sa7med

Any ideas anyone?
Think you need to be a bit clearer to what you're actually looking for. There's a lot of BA experts on here but your question is vague to say the least
ShaunWhite

StellaBot wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm
Thanks Sa7med

Any ideas anyone?
B9 is the favs name, G9 back price etc
If you look at any BA template for capture you'll see where the data goes. It always goes to the same places even if you write your own workbooks.
Going into the Setting>Excel will let you sellect extra items which go into cols Af,AG,AH etc

Start with a BA template and then create another worksheet tab that references the items on tab "Bet Angel".

Select a cell, press "=" then go to the tab with the data you want and click enter.
Your new cell will now contain something like " ='Bet Angel'!G9 " and it will display the favs name.
StellaBot

Thanks for replies, especially Shauns.
I have a BA template/s that populate fine but too much info on them.
Tried deleting some cells and or columns but some seem to be interlinked and repopulated.
Also tried deleting hyperlinks in some individual cells but most just repopulated.
Is there a course that teaches how to capture "individual cell data " eg back price only and another cell lay price only.from betfair that I can construct my own spreadsheet from scratch.
Hope I have made sense. I know lots about excel but not about data capture.
Thanks in advance guys or (female equivalent) shot putters, footballers etc
spreadbetting

Why not just add another worksheet to your BA workbook if you want to save data etc. The cell addresses BA sends to excel will be fixed so not point in writting data to those cells as they'll be overwritten. With a seprate sheet in the workbook you kow it'll only receive data you want it to.
ShaunWhite

You can't reduce what BA exports or change where it goes, there's no need to. Just take what you want from what's been exported. (just seen sb's reply)

Copy the multiple capture sheet.
Connect it for a few seconds and disconnect to populate it with something.
Create a new tab in that spreadsheet called "My tab" (or whatever). Click the "+" sign to the right of the last existing tab to make a new one.
Go to a cell A1 on that new tab and type " ='Bet Angel'!B9 "
Go to a cell A2 on that new tab and type " ='Bet Angel (1)'!B9 "
Go to a cell A3 on that new tab and type " ='Bet Angel (2)'!B9 "
Go to a cell B1 on that new tab and type " ='Bet Angel'!H9 "
Go to a cell B2 on that new tab and type " ='Bet Angel (1)'!H9 "
Go to a cell B3 on that new tab and type " ='Bet Angel (2)'!H9 "

3 favs names should appear in Col A and their Lay prices in Col B

Connect the sheet
Then watch all the items on "My tab" being displayed and updated from the various single market tabs Bet Angel (1) , Bet Angel (2) etc

That's the first part, get that working first and i'm sure the penny will drop.
StellaBot

Thanks everyone for replies.
I now, have admittedly realised have asked wrong question.
SOZ.
I wanted to delete unecessary data to speed things up.
I did know how to "copy" data from 1 cell to another.
However my main concerns(wrongly) were sorted out with replies about deleting BA bits in spreadsheet which cannot be deleted etc. and thanks again.
I wanted to speed up the process of my laptop using excel as at moment each of 45+ sheets or so running at same time are about 50 across and 600 down(not a crossword)
I noted when I made the rates 20ms etc fired bets almost every horse in race.
My laptop is a bit old and by clicking on settings etc- it seems its intel pentium 1.6 ghz ram 4gb
Any recommendation for minium specs plz?
sa7med

its helps to have 8gb and running 64bit excel with some extra cores, but I think it'll also go a long way if you optimize your excel sheet. Remove all conditional formatting (that makes a big difference), dont use volatile functions. Apparently the english version of excel works best. Check out some links out there http://professor-excel.com/15-ways-to-speed-up-excel/

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”