Excel setup please!

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
sootywooty 31

Hi All! I would like setup a simple excel sheet to take bfsp from a number of bets within certain price ranges and leave it running on auto each day.

The prices would be in the same range for all the bets involved, is this very easy to do with betangel and excel please.

Thanks!! for any replies.
ShaunWhite

I don't think you need Excel for this one, the std Guardian Advanced automation should be able to do it. Read through the user guide 2 or 3 times and hopefully you'll either be able to just do it or just be left with one or two specific questions.

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... 3D&mw=MzIw#
sootywooty 31

Thanks for the quick reply Shaun! i have had a look and seems ok, but how to put in the bfsp parameters in the placing a win bet i could not see that explained. Example say i only want prices of 4/1 to 10/1 bfsp on all bets.

Also i would like to load my selections from Horse Race Base to save typing them all in, and it only has a downloader and says XLS and CSV, what does mean can they go striaght into the Bet Angel.

Again Thanks! for the Help!!
ShaunWhite

sootywooty 31 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:11 pm
Thanks for the quick reply Shaun! i have had a look and seems ok, but how to put in the bfsp parameters in the placing a win bet i could not see that explained. Example say i only want prices of 4/1 to 10/1 bfsp on all bets.

Also i would like to load my selections from Horse Race Base to save typing them all in, and it only has a downloader and says XLS and CSV, what does mean can they go striaght into the Bet Angel.

Again Thanks! for the Help!!
For the first part, place your bet as close to the off as you can and apply a condition to your bet that looks at projected sp. Obviously you can't test the bsp as it's not known until the race has started.

For the second part, I'm afraid that would require an excursion to the land of Excel. I think there are other threads on the forum which talk about it so you might find something if you have a search. If you don't fancy doing that then you would have to apply your std rule to all markets in Guardian and spend a few minutes using the Nominated Selection(s) feature to specifiy the individual horses you were interested in.
ShaunWhite

If you place your bet away from the current price it will enter the market unmatched. Then have a 2nd rule in your automation that changes all bets to 'take sp'.

Remmeber there's a min £2 back and £10 lay liability min on sp bets.
sootywooty 31

Ok Shaun Thanks Again! But surely their is away to back each horse and not type it out i can even do that with BFs standard.

Yes i would be using £2 stakes but can i set the parameters to 10/1 to 25/1 but not to let the bet go in running, i could use BFSP standard facility but you cant set a max bet only a min one.
ShaunWhite

sootywooty 31 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 am
But surely their is away to back each horse and not type it out i can even do that with BFs standard.
How? I haven't seen a feature like that.
sootywooty 31

Hi Shaun! By setting BF to take BFSP then click on the horse and stake £2 and then setting the min BFSP you wish to take then on to the next but their is no max odds feature and say if 50 horses to put in can take a while i suppose it is hard to explain things clearly over the net.

I would like to download them all to a programme in one go then put in the one rule of min and max price and then the £2 stake and then the programme just goes through all the bets on auto, i think we are getting crossed wires abit here.
ShaunWhite

sootywooty 31 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi Shaun! By setting BF to take BFSP then click on the horse and stake £2 and then setting the min BFSP you wish to take then on to the next but their is no max odds feature and say if 50 horses to put in can take a while i suppose it is hard to explain things clearly over the net.

I would like to download them all to a programme in one go then put in the one rule of min and max price and then the £2 stake and then the programme just goes through all the bets on auto, i think we are getting crossed wires abit here.
You can set the min/max price conditions and the stake in one generic rule and aplply it to all markets in Guardian with a couple of clicks. But unless you use Excel and write your own macros to place bets from there, you will have to nominate a runner(s) for each market in guardian. You could probably setup runners in 30 races in just 2 or 3 mins. Or......take the time to learn how to do it in Excel. The choice comes down to how long that will take you vs how many 3min sessions you think you'll do setting things up each day.

So you have a list of horses in Excel that you want to back (if the price is right)? Do you also have the Betfair market ID for each so that BA would know which horse was in which market?

Just fyi I'm not sure if you know but BFSP bets are not the same as regular bets that you set to 'take SP'.
sootywooty 31

Ok Thanks! Shaun i feel we are getting somewhere now, i have never taken bfsp before but the tab on their ladders says bsp so it cant be bookmakers sp or nowt like that.

With adding each horse cant i just click on the ladder back price like on their programme for each horse, and then add the stake and then the price conditions for each horse involved after i have loaded all the horses into the BA. I wonder why the BA could not include min/max at a bfsp take, if betfair can do a min one only it seems an easy thing to add on a pro programme.

BF ID where do i find that this is how they come through from my HRB programme just one horse from today example.

My Systems (V4) (86) The Price System 1.45 Gowran Park 2 Arabeska (IRE) Lee, W J McCreery, W 33/1 4th

Thanks for Your Patience btw! i can work systems ok but know next to nothing about betting devices as you can tell.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”