Price change percent function

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Bobsmilk

I'm building a historical database in SQL

Having difficulties calculating BF SP / IP price drop as a percentage - I realise that this should be quite simple but when the SP is below 2, there are some odd results

Does anyone have the formula for this?

Spreadsheet attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bobsmilk on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

Bobsmilk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Having difficulties calculating BF SP / IP price drop as a percentage - I realise that this should be quite simple but when the SP is below 2, there are some odd results

Spreadsheet attached.
Bob, i think you'll be better served using book%, rather than odds. book% is calculated as 100/odds - i.e. 2 odds =50%, 5 odds = 20% etc, etc...
weemac

I use the following where U2 is the IP low and O2 is BFSP. It works for me but I can't vouch for it being the absolutely correct method.

=IF(U2<2,(U2-1)/(O2-1),U2/O2)
Bobsmilk

jimibt wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 pm
Bobsmilk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Spreadsheet attached.
Bob, i think you'll be better served using book%, rather than odds. book% is calculated as 100/odds - i.e. 2 odds =50%, 5 odds = 20% etc, etc...
weemac wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 pm
I use the following where U2 is the IP low and O2 is BFSP. It works for me but I can't vouch for it being the absolutely correct method.

=IF(U2<2,(U2-1)/(O2-1),U2/O2)
Thanks for your reccomendations. It seems that there isn't actually a correct answer since the tick increments are non lineal, it is always going to be out.

In the end I used:

IF(IPMin<=1.01, 0, IPMin/BFSP*100.0)

You have to invert the numbers when looking at DOBs etc but it does the job

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”