BA / Excel Data feed specIfication

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
SteveRoach

Hi Guys,

Does a specification of the data feed exist? I’m particularly interested in synchronization...

I would like to know what cells are populated, and in what order, during a write-cycle. I can then design a data logger (I’m writing out to a csv file) around this. I need to know this for a couple of reasons:

- I can robustly associate the time stamp (cell C3) with the rest of the data.
- I know when to freeze the write cycle to be sure that data is not mutating while I’m processing it.

TIA

Steve
jimibt

Hi Steve,

Unless you are using Excel for other automation tasks, you can bypass it and write whatever data you please now -as of v1.55. The Save Export csv command in the automation rules allows you to save all manner of data. it also saves this data at a granularity of your choice, i.e. every 20ms or once a minute -etc, etc.

Below is a snapshot of a normalised csv file from a race yesterday to give you an idea of how this all looks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

SteveRoach wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:11 am
Does a specification of the data feed exist? I’m particularly interested in synchronization...
We recommend that you respond to a worksheet change event for the range C2:C6, as that's the last range to be updated before the start of the next refresh cycle, so all the data will be consistent.

Code: Select all

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    ' cells C2:C6 will be the last range to be updated during the update process
    If Target.Address = "$C$2:$C$6" Then
       ' insert your code to process the worksheet
    End If
End Sub
SteveRoach

Thanks for that, guys. Looks like automation is the go. I'll have a look at that now - in the mean time (and I know it's a bit early) are there any tutorials on the new functionality?

Cheers
SteveRoach

jimibt wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:13 am
Hi Steve,

Unless you are using Excel for other automation tasks, you can bypass it and write whatever data you please now -as of v1.55. The Save Export csv command in the automation rules allows you to save all manner of data. it also saves this data at a granularity of your choice, i.e. every 20ms or once a minute -etc, etc.

Below is a snapshot of a normalised csv file from a race yesterday to give you an idea of how this all looks.
Hi jimibt,

That looks good. A couple of questions:

- Can you give me an idea as to how you created this? How you created the rules file? How you derived the ltp10 figure?
- Is it possible to create something close to the spreadsheet output using this technique?

Cheers

Steve

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”