Automated betting via excel functionality

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
potoooooooo

Apologies if this has been answered all ready. I have done a few searches but couldn’t seem to find the answer I was looking for.

I’m a new user and would just like to know if it is possible for me to input my daily spreadsheet of up to 40 bets across different venues and races into the software. I’m not particularly interested in the trading functions. But just the ability to quickly and automatically place these bets. As currently it takes me a while to do it all manually.
Dallas

The way Bet Angel works with Excel is that you bind a set to markets loaded into Bet Angel to individual worksheets in Excel. Prices are then pushed into the sheets and Bet Angel scans certain cells for betting commands. You're free to do whatever you want in Excel to generate those betting commands, so if you want to string match selection names and check price ranges using a CSV file, you can read that with Excel.

You just write Excel macros in VBA to do whatever you need to do to decide when to place a bet and then populate the appropriate cells in the Bet Angel worksheets to trigger a bet. So as long as you have some VBA coding skills you can follow whichever path suits for that particular strategy.
xxDanxx

I really like working in Excel at work. In general, I'm glad that I have learned to understand how to act in tables and how to enter information there. For example, using CSV, I can do all the operations I need almost automatically, link links and names, and so on. Convenient stuff! Just like on Bet Angel, I do it in good. bet. I like this site for its brevity and convenience. The simple and intuitive interface helps me a lot to understand how everything works. I sometimes go to other sites, but for some reason, this one has stuck with me. I'm used to it, I guess.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”