excel services available?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
steven1976

Hi does anyone know of any where that i can hire good reliable freelance scripter to set up an excel sheet to given specifications?
PeterLe

HI
Do a search on Rentacoder ...(not used them myself but know they exist...)
Regards
Peter
xdg99667

Hi Steven.

I've been working with excel/vba for about (dang I'm getting old) 7-8 years now and it is something that I enjoy doing as well.

I've actually got a workbook on here just to get some information, but I can let you see other samples

Best is if you can give me an outline of what you want to do, I can see if I can do it then take it from there

Cheers mate

Gary
PeterLe

xdg99667 wrote:Hi Steven.

I've been working with excel/vba for about (dang I'm getting old) 7-8 years now and it is something that I enjoy doing as well.

I've actually got a workbook on here just to get some information, but I can let you see other samples

Best is if you can give me an outline of what you want to do, I can see if I can do it then take it from there

Cheers mate

Gary
Hi Gary
I wish I had your skills!
One thing that would go down really well on here with many users would be if we could have some mechanism for greening up in play...(via Excel)..
Betangel have mentioned in the past that this is on the list to do...although no idea where in the roadmap it is?? Betangel any comments??
This would def provide us BA users with an edge over comparable products...(I dont know of any other products out there than has this capability? Think other software may have some functionality...but the interface isnt as user friendly as BA)...
I am sure this will arrive in future products (either BA or others)...it would be nice to have it now though and out us ahead of the curve..
Regards
Peter
Nero Tulip

The problem is Peter the BA method of greening is not always the most profitable or sensible to use. Doesn't take into account sizes available in the queues nor the possibility that you might make more money laying/backing the other runners. I've built this into my sheet, but it takes a few bets to achieve something close to squareness. Saying that, there's a load of situations where I'd prefer the simplicity of a "GREEN_ALL" command ;)

Good to know you are about Gary, if I have some ideas that need coding up, I will drop you a PM.
PeterLe

Hi Nero
Yes I totally agree..
I would never green up "at the money"...always prefer to green up by laying at the current back and visa versa...over the course of the month it can make a massive difference..

I have started to build a rudimentary greening up which kicks in at certain points..

..To be honest...(Money aside)...This ongoing development is part of the fun!
regards
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”